68

Delilah Lavigne

It's Jade's birthday.

It's been a week and a half since I've seen her and Niall. I'm nervous to see him, he probably won't even talk to me but still.

We're going to their apartment now since Niall took Jade to get her nails done and they are going to a late lunch right after so we're all gonna set up and surprise her.

I'm pretty sure it's just us going since Niall made it clear that Jade did not want a huge party, so the opposite of how mine was.

We were all relieved when he said that to Zayn because none of us are in the mood to party with other people just yet. We actually aren't in the mood to party at all but it's her birthday and there's no excuses there.

Today's the first day I didn't half ass my outfit and I'm pleased with how I look. My hair is curled, I put on my usual 'party' makeup and I'm wearing one of Harry's leather jackets that is super long on me paired with a tight long sleeved black dress that rests mid thigh and hugs my skin in all the right places, finished with my Doc's.

Harry decided to match with me and wear another one of his leather jackets over a plain black shirt, jeans and his black converse.

"Have I mentioned how weird you look in your clothes now? Still hot, but weird." I look at him through the mirror as I finish ruffling my hair.

He smiles, fixing the collar on his jacket, "I actually thought the same thing but I don't see myself in anything else."

I shrug, "You could try some cardigans every once in a while."

His face scrunches, "Yeah, no thanks."

I laugh and finish fixing myself, "Are we ready?"

"Yeah everything's in the car, Louis is bringing the booze and whatever Zayn got is obviously already at their place."

I was the one who decided we—as in me—would get the decorations since men have no clue how to make anything look good.

We grab our phones and wallets then get in my car, I fought him on me driving since I don't plan on drinking that much, needless to say I always win.

We arrive at their house and knock on the door waiting for Zayn to open it, once he does his eyes narrow, "Why does this happen every goddamn time."

My eyebrows furrow until I realize he's glaring at Harry, they're matching yet again.

"Hey, Delilah's wearing one too don't blame me." Harry grabs my hand and we walk through the door.

"Yeah but you and I are wearing the same shit head to toe." He slams the door shut.

Harry shrugs, "It's not my fault you wear the same thing every day."

"Alright shut up guys, shall we get to decorating?" I jump in.

Zayn spins around pointing in various places, "I set up the disco ball, which is always a need, the speaker for music is over there but need batteries and anything else you want should be in that closet from leftover parties we've thrown."

I purse my lips, "Nice job. But you guys will stay out of my way unless I need you so that you don't mess up things or get on my nerves. Got it?" I point at them both.

They put their hands up in a surrender, "Got it."
"Aye aye captain."

Harry brings in bags of decorations and I get to work. I hang up the 'Happy Birthday' sign on their wall across from the front door, party strings hanging along the walls and some on the ceiling—which was insanely hard to reach, and glow lights that illuminates the room with purple and pink and then green dots.