Chapter 50

The Great War: A String of Hope

"Geonu what happened to the others?" Jaera asked, as Renjun used his healing magic on Jaerin.

He lowered his head and hit the floor with his fist. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Those scientists killed them!"

"Scientists?"

"Yeah it's the same people who treated me as a lab rat. Not only me, many more including Sungchan and Shotaro."

While they talked, Jaerin slow got her consciousness back. Renjun helped her sit up. The girl slowly registered the surrounding.

"Rinie!" Jaera gave the girl a hug.

Breaking away, Jaerin squeezed Geonu's hand. The boy looked away.

"Where is Jaemin?"

"No idea! He disappeared after the principal called us." Jaera signed.

"Hey! I'm might have no idea what's going on, but those scientists along with a guy name Taecyeon said they are gonna attack the academy." Haechan butted in.

"Let's go then, can you stand?" Renjun extended his hand towards Jaerin.

"Won't you take me with you all." An all to familiar voice caught their attention.

Mira walked towards them with Jaesuk tagging alone.

"Mira!" Jaera was about to walk ahead but Jaerin held her back.

"It was you wasn't it, who reported my whereabout to 2PM." Jaerin glared.

"What?!" They turned towards her with disbelief.

"No no no it was me!" Jaesuk spoke. "This girl didn't have the guts to follow your siblings there."

Jaesuk shape shifted into the black cat. The whole group was taken a back.

"No wonder it caused so much trouble." Renjun murmured.

"Oh Renjun you would want to check your feets!" Mira smirked.

Everyone turned to the boy who stared horrified at his feets. It was covered with dark blue sticky substance with bubble popping out. Jaerin held his shoulder, casting a spell on him to make it disappear.

"Nullifying black magic, as expected from the oldest Na!"

"Oh and Na Jaera, you are not the only one who can use two magic!"

Jaera stepped forward as Jaesuk appeared behind her and whispered in her eyes.

"Fuck it! We don't have time for this shit!" Haechan telekinetically threw all the window pales at them.

"You idiot, it gonna hurt us too." Renjun scolded.

"You are not the only one who can use telekensis." Jaesuk controlled his body and threw him at Jaerin who was blocking Mira's attack.

Both of them crashed on the ground while Mira took the opening to cage Geonu and Jaera in her black magic spiral. 

"Get up, you, what ever your name is!" Jaerin struggled underneath Haechan.

"It's Haechan, and can you nullify his magic first. I can't get up if you don't."

"I can only nullify black magic."

"Ugh we need Chenle!"

"So you are the only one left! Let's start the killing spree with you." Mira and Jaesuk turned to Renjun.

Jaesuk used his magic to bring out the weapon he was hiding. He destroyed it and threw it away. Renjun helplessly exchanged glances between the enemy and his friends.

A splash of dark red blood painted the walls of the academy building. Some even fell on their cloths. All of them turned around at the sudden attack as Jaesuk fell limp with a big cut on his back.

Jisung appeared out of Jaesuk's shadow with his sword shinning with blood.

"You, fiend!" Mira attacked him but it got black by a translucent black shield.

Jaera turned to Jaerin as she nullified the spirals around the two. The older shook her head and pointed at the dark corridor.

"You all leave, I want to handle this myself!" Jaemin walked towards them.

Mira fisted her hands and bumped them on her thigh, face showing discontent.

"Let's go!" Jisung pulled Jaera with him as Renjun and Haechan already went ahead. Jaerin and Geonu closely following behind.

"How did you do that?"

"Headmaster taught me!" He shrugged.

"Thanks!" Jaera whispered with a small smile and ran ahead.