Chapter 48

The Great War: Beginning

Chaos, that's what best describes the current situation of Neo Academy. Everyone running to save their lives, teachers screaming on the top of their lungs to calm them down. Water mages trying to put out the fire.

"Everyone gather in front of the dormatories!" A loud female voice spoke on top of everyone.

Suddenly all the noise died down and nobody could hear their own voices. Gathering together on Sana's instructions they waited for the correct time to spring into action.

"What's going on?" Jisung asked

"Probably a threat or an attack." Jaera said as the duo joined the students in front of the dorms.

Mira hugged onto the female twins, who were also forced out of the dorms. Their crying had ceased but still didn't want to interact.

While everyone waited for the teacher's instructions more blasts started happening around the area. One such was at the front of the dormatory building.

"Everyone move back!" Sana's voice echoed. "Help the injured!"

Wind mages came in front to blow away the rising dust while earth benders held back the fall walls. Other students carried the injured away to the healers.

~☆~

The two princes stared outside at the kingdom from the balcony. The situation inside the castle wasn't good either, both military and royal army were in a state of panic.

Both had horrified looks on their faces, the war had begun, there was no going back. The destruction of their birth place was going on right in front of their eyes.

"You heard the orders let's go!" Jeno fisted his hands and moved inside the building.

The half brothers walked inside King Zhong's study. Beside him stood their mother, staring at the same view, they were a few minutes before.

"Is there anything we can do?" The younger spoke.

"I don't want to sit back and watch Isorropia fall apart. I have a duty."

"We are all joining with the royal army once they set out." The king said.

"Also don't worry about Mirae's whereabout. I sent her to help the army medic team."

~☆~

The military had already moved out of the camps and spread across the kingdom. As the higher officials gave orders, they starled looking for the enemy.

"It has started, hasn't it!" Lucas shouted.

"Time to use all this year's of training." Hendery smirked.

"They are not getting away, causing so much damage to our kingdom." Xiaojun said aiming with his team.

"We are not letting them harm the kingdom, which gave us the right to leave, the right to feel belonged."  Yangyang motivated his subordinates to fight.

~☆~

"Is everything okay? You look stessed." Kun walked out of the elevator that lead him inside the central wing of the academy building.

Jaemin had his eyebrows creased, as he tried to gather his strength together. He occasionally looked back inside the book, that the kingdom had trusted with him.

"This place has a magic barrier, don't it?"

"Yeah, it's top secret after all."

Jaemin hummed in response. He made eye contact with the academy head master after returning the book in its place.

"What's the situation outside?"

"The war has begun!"

Nodding the black mage made his way towards the exit. Stepping out in the library, Jaemin signed in relief.

"We just need to have trust in her."