Chapter 33

A Cat?

By the time Jisung was awake, the siblings were busy catching up. After a long lecture from Jaerin, which was highly acknowledged by Renjun, Jaemin finally decided to open up about his past feelings.

Now they were currently sitting in the small cottage. Jaemin hovered over his twin's books, checking all the different spells she was going through.

Jaerin was just enjoying herself, while exposing her sister to her best friend, Jisung. While to the boy was laughing at whatever the older was spilling, Renjun stared at her, mesmerized by his childhood crush's beauty.

Noticing his best friend starting at his twin for way to long, he quickly walked behind him. Renjun yelped as soon as Jaemin cleared his throat near his ears and sent him a glare.

"Eyes off my sister!" He whispered before returning to the books kept on the desk behind.

"Jaerin!"

The said girl stood up and walked over to him.

"Teach me some spells, will you?"

"Sure! Just make sure no one in the academy knows."

"Also, should we interogate Jisung."

Jaerin made eye contact with him and nodded. They walked back to the wooden table where they sat. Jaemin tapped Renjun's back asking him to join the group.

"So Jisung!" Jaerin started gaining the younger's attention. "How are you feeling now?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you know how you ended up there?"

"Where?"

"The underground chambers under the academy building. It is on the left wing"

His confused expression wasn't helping them at all. They sighed simultaneously.

"Remember you said you would meet Jeno after the training. But then disappear, we found you there."

"Ah, yeah I used the left corridor and went towards hyung's class. But uhh.. I don't know something distracted me on the way. Then I was an all black cat. It strangely attracted me in following it."

"So you followed it to the floor under."

Jisung nodded, "I didn't want to but it felt like some force was controlling me."

A short silence fell. The twins were staring at each other, Jaera seemed to be in deep thought. Jisung tilted his head out of habit, while Renjun observed the three siblings.

"Uhh!" The twin stared back at their youngest sibling. "That day when I fell down from the stairs-"

"You fell down the stairs??!"

"Jaerin calm down. I healed her anyways."

"Continue." Jaemin said.

"Yeah so, that day also, I saw a black cat before I fell down. That day the corridor was deserted too. But I kept feeling something following me. And yeah just before I fell down the cat was there."

"An unlucky cat I suppose." Jisung joked but was quick to shut up as no one reacted.

"Maybe the cat was possessed." Renjun said.

"Or it wasn't a cat from the start."

"A shape shifter?" Jaemin got a nod from his twin.

"We have a few shape shifters in our class." Renjun said. "Then there is academy recruiter Yuta, he is a shape shifter to I suppose."

"The new student is a shape shifter too." Jisung added.

"New student?" Jaerin asked.

"Choi Jaesuk, he joined a few weeks ago. Pretty good at shape shifting." Jaera said

Jaerin let out a huff. Every small thing was frustrating, may it be a cat, or may it be a shape shifter, they were a threat to her kind, her family.

"Make sure to keep an eye on this guy!"