Chapter 34

Rulers of the Future

Mirae walked through the castle corridor and reached her fiance's room. She had noticed how the boy had drowned in books in the past few weeks.

Pushing opened the door she approached Jeno. He was leaning back in the chair with his hand rubbing his forehead. She replaced his hand with one of her's while she used the other to massage his shoulder.

Jeno smiled at the new contact and rested his hand on the hand rest. The piles of books of finance, politics and economy laid open.

"Being the crowned prince is hard, isn't it?"

"It indeed is. But I can't complain to you. You are working equally hard."

"Not as hard as you though. I'm worried if I'm suitable enough."

"You are our future queen. Everyone is going to love you."

Jeno stood up and engulfed the girl in a hug. Mirae smiled as she laid her head against his broad chest. Listening to his slow rhythmic heartbeat calmed her down.

"Soory to interrupt!"

They broke away to see the queen standing at the door.

"Good Afternoon your highness!" Mirae bowed.

The lady gave her a warm smile. "Jeno may I borrow her for a while."

Jeno nodded and let go of her hand. Mirae followed the queen out of his room. They walked together side by side.

"How is he doing? He has practically locked himself up in his room."

"His is stressed, your highness. The crowned prince is not only worried about leading the kingdom but he is burdened by all the expectations.  Not to mention the upcoming exams at the Neo Academy."

"It not just him, all of you young adults need to face so many expectations just for being a royal. I feel bad for you all."

Mirae stayed quiet acknowledging the queen's statement.

~☆~

"

Hey! Good Morning!" Mira greeted, sitting down beside Jaemin.

"Morning!" Jaemin gave her a wide smile.

"What with you Jaemin, you seem to happy these days. Also Jeno hasn't been around much."

"Marriage, crowning, upcoming exams. Boy is stressed."

"What about you?"

"Me, uh I made up with my sisters."

"Sisters? I know Jaerin is your twin. Who is the other one?"

Jaemin sucked the inside of his cheeks, "Jaera!"

"Wait what, Jaera as in my roommate."

"Yeah!"

"Wow, but I'm curious why you never speak about them before. You were even rude to your younger sister. Wait how did she come from modern world while you are from kingdom." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Uh that a long story. But yeah they were in modern world for a long time."

"Can you two stop taking about the world!!" They turned to see a scrowl on Haechan's face.

"Ok ok!" Mira raised her hands in the air, to while the boy rolled his eyes and walked away to his own seat.

"Hyuck and his grudges for Modern World. Wonder what they did to him?" Jaemin whispered.

They spotted a tired looking Chenle enter the class. Mira pitted the royal.

"Poor boy, needs to keep up with the academy for himself and his half brother."

"I heard he is in line to be the next finance minister." Jaemin said eyeing the second prince taking his seat at the front of the class.

" Jaemin said eyeing the second prince taking his seat at the front of the class

Drop the ships