chap 13 More Revelations

Advitya POV

"HE CAN'T BECAUSE HE CAN'T WALK!"

She shouted and left me in fix.

I want to unheard what she said. I didn't know Aryan can't walk.

And you slapped him for calling you as his papa! My mind mocked

I hurriedly went to his room.

I stopped at room window and saw Adhya comforting him.

"See, i told you he hates me! Papa is ashamed of me! It's because i can't walk. He want someone who can play football with him". Aryan said while sobbing.

"Aaru it's not true"! Adhya said softly.

My heart constricted on his words.

After sometime when he stopped crying Adhya took him outside for lunch. She didn't see me standing near window. I too walk towards the dinning area.

They watch me coming, i saw Aryan getting tensed. Adhya prepare plates for us. She fills her plate. The lunch was awkwardly silent. We are just stealing gazes. After lunch Adhya took Aryan to his room. I went to our room. I sat on the bed thinking about past hour events , after sometime i saw Adhya sitting beside me. We remain quite.

"Since How long he is like this"? I asked with heavy heart.

She took a deep breath!

"Since birth"! She replied.

I looked at her with guilt in my eyes.

"CTEV, but doctor said we can correct the problem once he achieved certain age. He put orthoses for walking but limps. He goes for exercise session and physiotherapy. But due to his recent injury i skipped the session". She said weakly.

"We will take him to the best doctors. Don't worry. He will be fine." I said

Then she handover me some papers. I saw it was painting sheets.

"Aryan draw these for you! When i told him that his papa will be with us soon, he was extremely happy. He drew your drawing."

I saw his drawing. It shows a man in Soldier costume, then he draw Superman, then one painting shows husband wife and their son. Aryan wrote our names on them. The last drawing bought tears in my eyes. It shows him playing football with me.

"I didn't know he can't walk. I thought he was just wounded". I replied weakly.

"I know , but he is innocent Advitya. Please don't be rude to him. It's difficult for you to accept him, i know i am not forcing you to accept him all of a sudden. It's tough for you to take this responsibility when you didn't even expect it. I am not selfish Aadi, i understand your point of view. Don't see him as Imtiaz son, see him as Naaz son.. same Naaz who sacrificed her life for us . She could have escaped easily with her children but she didn't". She said.

Naaz was a brave woman, i truly respect her for her courage.

"I need some time Adhya"! I said.

She nodded

"Did he know"..

"That we are not his biological parents" ? She interjected before i complete

I nodded.

"Yes! How can I take away Naaz's position in his life. I can't be selfish. He deserves to know how beautiful soul was his real mother. There was a silence for few seconds.
Do You know he used to call me Massi, but when he started going preschool i asked him to call me maa or mumma. I don't want people to doubt him"..