-28-

"Boyfriend? What makes you think that?"

"Oh I don't know," I muse. "You guys just seem... close?"

"Close?" She scoffs. "Yeah, we defenitly were."

"Were?"

"That's my little brother."

My eyes widen and I audibaly gasped. 

"Why the surprise?"

I shake my head. "I didn't know you had a little brother."

She chuckled at my reply. "Do you know him or something?"

"Um..." What should I even say? I'm not completely sure if it's actually him... "Maybe?"

"Maybe?" She asked, and she's slowly turning towards me with two mugs in hand. She hands me one with frogs on it. I put my face over the hot mug and feel the steam caress my face. 

"Chocolate milk's always good on a rainy day..." I'm trying to divert the conversation right now. What am I supposed to say? How am I going to explain that I do know her brother and that I'm techinically engaged to him?

"Mhmmm," Natasha raises her eyebrows, knowingly. She gives me the "I know you're hiding something look." I turn my attention to my phone.

Checking the time I realize it's been thirty minutes since I last spoke to Jason. When's he coming? I hold my mug in both my hands and absord the warm it's transferring to me.

Ping.

I jerk my head so fast towards my phone's lit screen, that I nearly crack it. I pick it up, hoping to see a message from Mr. You-know-who

Therapist J: I'm standing outside your apartment. 

Finally! 

I quickly send him a message telling him to wait there. I scramble to get my stuff. Being around my fake sister-in-law is making me more nervous than I thought it would.

"In a hurry?" She raises an eyebrow, sipping on her drink.

"The person who I was talking about earlier is bringing my keys. So I gotta go. Thank you so much for letting me stay," I thank her, as I'm heading towards the door.

"No problem, neighbor. Next time you can tell me all about how you know my little brother."

"Haha, yeah sure- thanks again!" I open the door and step out. As I'm stepping out, I bump into a passer by.

"Oh sorry," says the person. I look up.

"Jason?" What's he doing here? I told him to wait downstairs!

"Oh, Minnie."

"What are you doing up here?" I demand, being anxiously aware of where I'm standing. I quickly close the door behind me and pull him by the arm. He hands me the bunch of keys, without saying much. As if he knows we should talk more where no ears can overhear. "Come inside."

Jason follows, entering my apartment. I set down my bag and keys on the table and go to heat up some water. "Want anything to drink?" 

"Uh, no. I'm good," he replies, taking a seat on my dark brown couch.

Silence fills the air for a couple of seconds. Not long enough for it to get awkward, because instead Jason decides to quickly address the elephant in the room. "So, what was that about?" He raises his eyebrows as I meet his gaze.

I shrug. Then sigh. Then bite my lip. Why am I even nervous?

"Um, I met your-"

Ring, ring, ring.

The doorbell rings.

+++

Hey my dear roses!

Sorry about the long wait! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading! 

❤♥❤Comment, vote and share!❤♥ Luv ya to the STARS and backkk! 💗🌌