Chapter 45 Same like old times

Start from the beginning

(niente può impedirmi di conquistarti, tesoro, tranne te stesso = nothing can stop me from getting you, darling, except yourself.)

*****

"I was dressed up in a red off-shoulder gown, with a middle slit, it was a shimmering dress, I choose this dress because it was one of Vincent's favourite colours

"I was dressed up in a red off-shoulder gown, with a middle slit, it was a shimmering dress, I choose this dress because it was one of Vincent's favourite colours. I was completely dolled up for him and as I waited for him in the garden, it was now 7:15 pm but he did not show up yet, I think he was struck in traffic."

3 hours have passed now since then, I haven't seen him coming, so I gave him a call nearly 10 times now, which he has not accepted. I finally lost hope that he might come, so I sat there with tears at the brim of my eyes, when suddenly light flashed into my eyes. I looked up to see him, getting out of the car, and coming towards me, he looked like a mess, hair dishevelled, coat dampened with water, his eyes with filled with rage, maybe something has happened, it was important to him, so he didn't show up on time.

I run to him and hug him tightly, he does not hug me back nor does he stop me "I seriously was thinking you gave up on me, if you were late you could have called me".

He pulls out of the hug and says "Maybe your heart knew I would be late."

"is it so? How come that never reached me?" I tease along with him, he does not reply but just stares at me. I take hold of his hand and lead him to the deck, where I made all the arrangements for him. Today I was going to confess my love for him, I know he had a lot of girlfriends, one night stands but I have full faith in my love, I mean our love.

Finally, when the time came, staring into his eyes, sent a shiver down my spine, I muttered the courage to speak and finally said the 3 words that were due for the past 10 years. "Vincent, there is something I need to tell you." He nodded at me blankly when I finally said "I really like you, Vincent, more than you could even imagine, I can't hold it any longer, I love you, Vincent Lorenzo, I love you a lot, with my whole heart."

I take a deep breath and continue, "I Cassandra Knight, never thought I would propose to someone, let alone make all these arrangements myself, I fell for you very hard Vincent, I would be honoured to love you, cherish you till death do us apart, I truly love you, Vincent, from the bottom of my heart."

"The day I saw you, I knew you were trouble, I knew that the minute my heartbeat accelerated I was yours and you are mine, now after so long I don't think I can hold any of this to myself Vincent, I love you."

The words hung in the air, and for a moment, I felt suspended in time. Vincent's expression remained unchanged, and a heavy silence settled between us. It was as if the world held its breath, waiting for his response.

"You seriously have to audacity to tell me you, the great Cassandra knight love's me, I guess I am truly blessed am I not Cassandra?" he finally broke the ice.