Chapter 12 Coffees And Cupcakes

Vincent's POV:

After the divesting news of my marriage with Cassandra, both the families are trying their level best to stop the wedding but seeing the situation, I feel it's just a waste of time and we won't be able to do anything. But the only hope I have is Hazel will never leave me and if our families don't agree, we will get married and stay out of their lives forever.

After the outbreak of the news I and Hazel met the next day at a café and we promised to stay with each other forever. But all of a sudden I am feeling anxious and scared with the question what if? Even if I don't get to marry Hazel, what is the future with Cassandra? Will we be ever happy? Chuck happiness will I ever accept her as my wife?

Now currently I and my Dad are in Knight's family mansion, discussing and looking through the contract for solutions to get out of this nuisance of a marriage. The engagement between both the families spread like wildfire which my PR team nor Aiden's team was able to control. I guess our grandparents paid them a hefty amount to keep up with the news.

For what I am grateful is they did not reveal the name of the girl thinking people won't talk about Hazel since she is not a Knight but the crowd mistook it. I seriously feel bad, since people are talking nonsense about Hazel. I agree she is not my usual type but we fell in love why can't people accept it, rather they are throwing black shade at her. But people supporting Cassandra are responding very well.

Seeing the 2 powerful family's union lot of people started investing in our shares and it is skyrocketing now and requires all our attention. Now one more piece of new information is added up to our gossip column stating 'I knocked up Knight's girl' and thus now there is a marriage and from somewhere a doctor also popped up into the picture.

Now I lost hope I can do anything about the contract, those bloody assholes did not slip up anywhere, we all nearly went through the contract many times but absolutely no loopholes, not even a small one. Even our lawyers lost hope of breaking the marriage.

At the same time, I see Cassandra coming down the stairs. She looked like she was ill or something, it's clearly visible from her face. She even apologised to her parents about something, which nearly went above my head. Later one of her boyfriend Ryan came there for some signatures and complimented Cassandra's coffee-making skill, which surely I disagree with. She is the worst cook ever.

7 years ago.

It was Mr and Mrs Knights's anniversary and they were hosting a special celebration in their mansion. That day I was seated near the pool alone when Cassandra came along with a plate full of cupcakes and 2 cups of coffee.

She was looking beautiful as always but today she was looking super hot in the baby pink dress of hers and also it complimented my suit.

She was looking beautiful as always but today she was looking super hot in the baby pink dress of hers and also it complimented my  suit

(Vincent's dress)