Chapter 18 Misunderstanding

Vincent's pov

I got up at my usual time and went out for a run to clear my head, since my head was filled with yesterday's kiss, Hazel's words that deeply haunted me, it was like a slash in my heart. After the run, I went for a shower and Cassandra was still sleeping on the couch. After the shower I was getting dressed and was fixing my collar in front of the mirror and I had a clear view of Cassandra who was stirring in her sleep.

Then all of a sudden I heard a thud sound and I stared at Cassie in the mirror and she was on the ground. I saw the entire scene unfold in slow motion but I was unable to do anything. Cassie was stirring in her sleep and was Turing around thinking the bed was huge but to her displeasure the couch was small and it was hardly a fit for her.

In the same manner with her turning and tossing around made her loose balance and she fell on the ground with a thud sound. I went to help her up but she was fast and got up on her own and was rubbing her hands and wrist and was trying to readjust her dress. I asked her "Are you fine"?

"Does it look like I am fine? Why can't you see yourself and make out?" she snapped at me rubbing her wrist.

"I can see you had a great fall, I am making sure that you are fine."

"No I am not fine, who the hell in their right mind uses such a couch, it hardly is a fit for me and I am sure you are not the kind of person who would use that type of couch, with such attitude ."

"Hazel, yeah she liked this piece and I had to buy this in an auction with a hefty amount."

"You and your love for Hazel will get me killed one day. By the way please don't get this fucking thing to our new house or you might find it in ashes." she mumbled and picked up the blanket and pillow from the ground and placed it on the bed and was moving towards the toilet, but turned back while questioning "Vincent my clothes?"

"It's already placed in the closet, I asked a maid to move it over here, while you were asleep."

"How could you even do that Vincent? I was sleeping and you let someone inside our room? I mean this room or your room, what if he was a pervert?" she questioned with her eyebrows raised and a cute pout on her face.

"Shut up Cassandra, I was here the entire time they were shifting and they hardly took 20 minutes to do that, since everything was already sorted" I said and she rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom.

(Vincent's dress)