Chapter 41 Tied Down

Start bij het begin

I just nodded at her and took my seat in front of her. "So what do you want to discuss?"

"You took such a big and life-changing decision even without my consent and how could you do that, even if not for my consent, you could have thought about it Nick" she said calmly.

"Look here Hazel, I don't have time to waste on these bullshit talks, I will come straight to the point, as I am busy as Vincent's not in town, so I need to look up into some office work" I tell her and she nods her head.

"I am agreeing to marry you just because it would save Vincent and Cassandra's marriage. They both are very close to me and I can't see their lives shattering all because of you. I might sound rude now Hazel, but even you can sense that you are a threat to their manager. Just because of you every time their marriage is hitting a rock bottom. Even though it's not your fault, Vincent has to explain things and Cassandra has to just understand and move on."

"how long do you expect their relation to stay, its just based on loose threads, every time you fuck his life, there is a drift you are creating unknowing to them. The only way for you to stay away from their life is you moving on and them taking their relation to a next stage and lead a happy life."

"I understand Nick but aren't you compromising your life and happiness for this" she asks with tears that are ready to flow, when the dam gate opens up.

"I am compromising yes, but it's nothing compared to what Vincent has done for me all these years or Cassandra's trust for me. This might fuck me up but its worth it Hazel. Just say yes to this marriage and move on. I don't even expect you to be faithful to me, all I have to say is this marriage needs not be legal but a contact where, we stay together a period for 3-5 years, until they start a family." She looked shocked at his statement and asked "Can you please be more elaborate?"

"All I mean is a fake marriage where we are tied down to 3-5 years and later move on when they both start a new phase where they are inseparable."

"What if the two ends never meet?" she asked gulping the lump in her throat.

"Then we will have the satisfaction of at least trying and knowing those two were never meant to be" I say and at the same time cassie calls me.

"Sorry I have to pick this up" I said and hazel nodded.

"Hey Nick, wat you doing?" comes out her voice.

"Breakfast, cognata, I am having breakfast, wats with you? You look happy"

"Vincent and I are on a vacation as you know, I think we might end up starting something new, he is being too good to me and he even asked for my forgiveness" she said in a chirpy voice.

"Woow darling, it's such a great news, you should treat me, when you come back."

"Sure I will, Ohh wait he is back, I will call you later, bye bye, she tells and cuts the call."

"look Hazel I know its not easy for both of us but do think about others for once, if u ever loved Vincent, let him go and lead the life that destiny itself choose for him." With that I got up and left the room.

*****

Vincents POV

I was currently at Raritan Bay with Cassandra and her family. As it was Friday evening and we just reached here, Cassie and her Mom were preparing dinner, while her dad went to freshen up. I sat there in the living room with Aiden watching a soccer game when he said "I didn't punch you and dislocate your jaw yet as Cassandra was against it, if not for her, you would be in a hospital bed by mow"

"I know you are angry at me, Aiden but I swear it was nothing, you know how our grandparents are to even the smallest mistake we make."

"That does not change the fact, of what you did to her, by not standing by her side."