"Seriously intern, you just got your certificates from money and nothing more. But but I will grant you your wish but on a condition," he says looking serious and with no time to disappoint Vince I look at him and say "And that is" he does an evil laugh and states, "You have to quit the job taking the burden of an irresponsible doctor and your parents and husband's money is what got you here in the first place."

I wanted to yell at him and tell him no but it was for Vincent so I said "Fine I will but please let Vicent see her." That fool of a person also had my resignation letter ready and said "I knew you would end up in my cabin when I saw you yesterday only, so here it is, the price you have to pay for your husband's sake." I signed it up with a heavy heart and went to Vincent.

I told Vincent he can visit his Mom. I held his hand and took him to the ICU room and helped him with the kit so the infection does not spread. After I was done I moved to the door to go out but he held my hand and said "Please stay, I can't do this alone." I nodded and he helped me with the kit and we both entered the room.

There Sienna lay with IV drips on her hands and she looked pale, the heart monitor was beeping in a rhythmic pattern and she was breathing through an oxygen mask. Vincent went close to her and sat on a stool nearby and touched her arms and said "I am sorry I didn't listen to you but I promise I will never let you down from now on Mom, please wake up, I am scared to lose you, please Mom."

His sobs became harder and I supported his shoulder and rubbed his back. He said, "Mom I know you were just concerned for my future but I neglected your words, I trust him Mom as much as I do you, so please forgive me, I know what I am doing, so have hope in me, come on now get up so we can discuss about it, also I am hungry Mom, look Cassandra here is a good cook but seeing you in this condition I hardly am able to eat."

At the same time, I see Sienna slowly opening her eyes and holding onto Vincent's hands. He was happy and kissed her forehead. I went to call upon doctors to check on her. when I came back Sienna was telling Vincent something that I could not quite make out. The doctor asked me and Vincent to wait out since he had to check on her.

Later they came and told us that she is doing well. So Vincent called up his Dad and informed him. Later Nick and his Dad came and they were happy that Sienna is doing well. Nearly around the evening, Nick suggested, "Vincent and Cassandra I guess you guys should go home freshnup and have some food and sleep, from yesterday you didn't even blink your eyes guys, so please go and take care we will manage here."

Vincent agreed and got up but my heart felt immense pain the very next moment because what was happening was the exact opposite of what might have happen next. I hear sirens and the room in which Sienna announced the blue code. Shit shit it can't happen now, no god please save her. Just a few hours ago she was doing well but now...

A few doctors ran to her room and I went behind but stayed at the door. I see her heart rate rapidly decreasing and doctors shouting "She is having Cardiac attest once again. They were preparing some injections and were about to inject when the monitor line became a straight horizontal line. I stumbled on my heels a bit back and I watched the doctors giving her electric shock therapy but I don't see any movements in her body.

Finally, the doctors gave up and one of the doctors saw his watch. With a heavy heart, I turned to Vincent who was looking scared along with his Dad and Nick. I moved towards him and pulled him into a tight hug and cried there while he rubbed my back, I didn't think he understood anything.

The doctors came out and I broke out of the hug while the doctor said "I am sorry sir; we could not save her. She had a massive Cardiac arrest now, it was beyond our control, we tried our best." Vincent abruptly sat down I tried to comfort him but my words were just like the air that just flowed across his ears. He pulled me in front of him and looked into my eyes and asked "Why?"