The Battle of Conquest

Start from the beginning

"Even if it's a friend?"

Glancing over her shoulder, she was met with Ao Ji in his human form, his jade sword strapped to his hip.

"I see you've heard of the news."

His face hardened, "I've heard of the death of Macaque and I'm grieved by it. But it seems you have taken it differently."

Jinhua turned back to face the rising sun.

"I've thought it over and I only have a few simple clues to what happened during the argument that broke out. But I need to know from Wukong himself...!"

"...And if he doesn't talk..?"

Jinhua exuded her aura out and filled the air with a heavy pressure of anger.

"Then I'll have to beat the truth out of him."

Dipping his head in respect, he stated with a bow, "I hoped that one day I would have the honor of you teaching my children, but it seems fate has other plans for us..." He locked eyes with her in a desperate plea, "But if that is what you desire, Jinhua, then as your friend, I have no other choice but to accept it..."

With a twist of his figure, he transformed into his magnificent dragon form, and flew away with slight hesitance.

Closing her eyes once again to find her peace, Jinhua noticed the shift in the air around her.

"𝕸𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖞, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖕𝖘 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖉𝖆𝖞. 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘..?"

"Rally the troops. We're heading towards the empty fields of Ebril."

"𝕺𝖋 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊, 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕳𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘."

Jinhua watched him start to move but she raised a hand to stop his movement.

"I'm sure the titles are growing boring.. So call me by my name."

"𝖄-𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊—!?"

"Yes."

"𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖘—! 𝕴 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗—!!"

"I insist..." A small smile was provoked on her face at the stuttering mess.

Shewin felt the warming of his flame brighten at the sight of his mistress finally smile. His glowing eyes softened at the sight.

He pledged to himself that he would do his best to keep her happiness alive til the moment she falls in battle.

"𝕬𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝕷𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝕵𝖎𝖓𝖍𝖚𝖆."

With a smile on her face, Jinhua snapped her fingers and a helmet flared over her face, masking her once beautiful features.

"Let's get this over with."

"Your anger is poisoning the air behind you, Jinhua."

Standing in the open fields, stood Jinhua with the backing of her dead Nekomata.