𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴

* * *

"One, Two, Three, Go!"

I tighten my grip on Shelby's waist as we hold our breathe in anticipation. Lucas is leaning on her leg as he watches with wide eyes.

Pink confetti pops out of the huge ballon Sloan had arranged for him and Ellie to pop. Rosie screams in delight turning around in circles as Ellie's smile widens, "It's a girl!"

The air is silent for a moment but Shelby is quick to start cheering, I join clapping my hands as we smile at the happy couple. Ellie looks confused as she searches everyone faces, "Why do you all look like you already know?"

No one answers. "Papa?" She questions crossing her arms over her chest. I watch as he scratches the back of his neck while shrugging sheepishly. She gasps, "You knew! How?"

Sloan's eyes widen as he avoids looking at his wife. He looks at me as if I can help but I only shrug at him. Unfortunately Ellie caught the movement and turns around to face him. "You!"

"Me, my little Thorn." He points to his chest, his face the picture perfect of innocence.

"Don't you Thorn me! You ruined it!"

"I was just excited!" He exclaims.

"Okay why don't we let the happy couple talk." Ronald announces ushering everyone towards the food laid out nicely along the tables. He isn't questioned as we all follow, "Rosie." I call watching as her braid fly's around as she looks for the voice that called her.

"Come and eat princess. Mommy and daddy will be here in a minute." I hold out a hand and wait until she has run over and grabs onto it.

She giggles, "I think daddy in trouble."

I catch Shelby smiling as she walks ahead and chuckle myself, "I think so too."

While everyone is busy chatting I help Rosie grab some food. She chatters away, her eyes bright with childlike excitement as she talks about Lucas's birthday soon. After filling both our plates I look around for Shelby and Lucas and find them huddled in the corner. I go to walk over with Rosie but pause, she is clearly in the corner because she needs a moment, so I'll let her be for a while and check in later.

Rosie leads me to a table already eating some of the food that is on her plate. She sits already swinging her legs and I can't help but grin at her. "What is so funny Uncle Ronan?" She glares chopping down on a cucumber stick.

"You are."

"Me? No you must be wrong." She shakes her head.