𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦 - 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯

* * *

"Raaww!"

"Raaww!"

I jump back pretending to be scared as Lucas holds up his blue dinosaur teddy towards me.

He giggles bringing it back down into a hug as he squeezes the neck, nuzzling his face into it.

"You scared me. Does the scary dinosaur have a name!" I question crouching down to his height as Shelby watches from the side.

"Uh-huh" He nods before a smile stretches across his face, "Milo."

My eyes widen as my head whips up to look at Shelby. She inhales quickly and blinks away some tears.

"Why Milo buddy?"

"Milo was baby. Not here. Mommy sad so now we have Milo." His eyes move between mine and Shelby's as he talks. He is starting to talk for longer but his speech is still slurred.

"Oh Lucas, go and get your kit on Dino."

He nods before walking towards the chairs that have his kit laid out. I stand and turn to Shelby not sure what I'm going to see.

I don't know how she's going to feel about Lucas naming his teddy Milo but I have my answer. She watches Lucas with a hand on her heart.

"He's so cute." She sniffs.

"That he is." I smile and move towards her also not sure if she would want us to be affectionate around Lucas. I didn't know if that was something we should wait on or just get him used to it.

I go to ask but pause upon seeing her face up close. Without thinking my hands come up to cup her face as I look over every inch. "Sweetheart you look exhausted." I mutter looking into her red rimmed eyes with dark circles underneath.

"I feel it." She laughs lightly while shrugging a shoulder. "It's these meds. They knock me out but I don't feel like I've actually slept after." She admits.

I frown and pull her into my chest, relaxing once she wraps her arms around me without tensing. I sigh and rest my head upon the top of hers after placing a kiss to her hair.

We stay like that for a few seconds, the only noise being our breaths. I look up in time to see Lucas putting something on the wrong way.

"Other way Dino. That's it." I call out to him. Shelby steps back slightly to look over at him and shakes her head.

She then yawns, one hand moving to cover her eyes as she blinks the sleep away. I want to suggest something but I don't know if we are there yet.