𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 - 𝘙𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯

* * *

"Hold still

"Hold still."

"Maybe you should tie me up." I grunt shifting in pain.

"Ronan, no more sex jokes." She tries to look serious but I can see the twitch of her lips and the laughter dancing in her chocolate eyes.

"Shelbs, sweetheart, I'm just trying to break the ice."

We both pause.

She cracks first, her giggles filling up the small room we were shoved into. Lucas was out on the ice doing some laps with Coach and he had told us to get in some time now.

He had put us in one of the first aid rooms and man did my shoulder fucking hurt. I had been doing what Shelby had told me to do a week ago but all of the new disruptions were causing it to flare up again. Like it was in the beginning.

It took every single restraint I had to not pick up a bottle to numb the pain.
But I hadn't, not yet.
I was so close, many times.

I laugh with her watching the way her shoulders relax a little more. They had been tense the moment Coach had shut the door. My first instinct had been to open it but she assured me that in a professional setting it wouldn't always be possible.

So the door stayed shut.

It worried me, I didn't want to trigger her. It was obvious she felt uncomfortable when trapped or locked in places.

"I know what your doing." She mumbles moments later after we had stopped laughing.

"I don't know what your talking about."

She sighs raising one eyebrow at me to prove a point.

"Look," I sigh, "It's obvious you have been... hurt in one way or another previously. I just want you to know that you don't have to worry about that with me. Your safe with me, always."

She nods staying quiet and I would've been worried if she had removed her hands from my shoulder.

"I assume it must have something to do with Lucas's father -"

"Drop it Ronan." She snaps stepping away from me faster than I can blink.

"Shelby." I call gently reaching for her.

"No." She shakes her head as her eyes water, "I need a moment." She croaks before turning and rushing out the the room.

I curse under my breath and throw my head back in frustration. I wasn't meaning to talk about him, my focus being Lucas but I guess it hadn't sounded like that.