𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦 - 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺

* * *

"Find these are helping?"

"Huh?" I mumble blinking out of my thoughts and facing the guy handing over my medication. I take it from him with a smile while my eyes flick to the clock.

"Don't worry Miss Turner. I can see your in a hurry."

"Right." I nod with a tense smile before backing away slowly. I call out, "have a good day" before pushing open the doors and breathing in the cool air.

Rushing to get into the heat of my car before my fingers freeze off I shove my bag of meds into my handbag and then fish around for my keys. Pulling them out and breathing a sigh of relief once I'm sat down my eyes dart to the clock again.

My mind wonders through that conversation while I drive to the rink. I was so out of it due to Milo and Lucas taking over my thoughts that I almost ignored the poor guy. He was new in the pharmacy as I only saw him for the first time last week.

My shoulders drop as I begin to feel bad. Maybe he was just trying to build up a rapport, I know how hard it can be to start a new job. Well actually I've been trying to get into THE job for years now. Maybe I should think about taking that step now.

My thoughts then move to Ronan and nerves swarm my stomach as I pull into a parking bay. I wonder what his reaction is going to be?

Walking in I greet the guy at the front desk and enter the rink. The smell of ice, kit and sweat make my nose wrinkle. Gross.

I smile excited to see my little baby after a long day. He had been with Ronan all day again while I was able to pick up an extra shift this morning at the cafe. It's not groundbreaking but the tips make up for it. Especially when we are hardly open at the moment, the second that sign on the door changes to open all our regulars come in.

And with the regulars come tips. Big tips, because they know and care for us in their own way.

My hands reach the rink wall as my eyes lock onto Ronan's form. He seems to be testing out his arm with the stick, I watch in silence as he lines in up with the puck before swinging his arm back.

I hold my breath scared he is going to hurt himself.

Yet it doesn't happen. The puck flies straight into the back of the net and he looks pleased, moving his arm around while eyeing it.

"Nice shot rookie." I tease.

He jumps swinging around until his blues meet mine. He smiles, his grin stretching across his face as he skates over towards me.