𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘣𝘺

* * *

"Now put it in ice

"Now put it in ice."

"I'm going to put you in the ice." He grumbles glaring at me while moving from each of my stations.

I had set up two tables in the middle of my lounge each with a box on top, one with ice in and one full of heat packs. I was going to use hot water but it's dangerous and way more messy than the heat packs are.

"Stop arguing and put your arm in."

"You could always punish me. I'm being disobedient after all." He shrugs while sitting down and hissing as his arm makes contact with the water full of ice.

"You are always disobedient." I pause turning to watch him. His face twitches as if he is holding back from smirking or laughing. Or both at this point. "Is this another sex joke?"

"No." His mouth agrees with the word that leaves his mouth yet his eyes twinkle with boyish laughter.

"Would you let me punish you?" The words are out before I can stop them. My eyes widen in shock and I watch as his face mirrors mine. His eyebrows raise as his mouth parts slightly. I almost laugh because he looks like he is actually considering it.

"Anyone else? No. You? Maybe. Something tells me you would need the control more than I do."

He's not wrong. After everything that happened with him i'm not sure I'll ever be able to trust someone enough to be vulnerable in bed. Naked and alone with nowhere to go? No thanks.

It's silent after that and it's like he knows. He always knows somehow and it makes me incredibly grateful to him. I look at the time before moving over and taking his arm out. It's red from the constant temperature changes but after the few exercise's we did I knew it needed to be done.

I had finished my shift early due to the temperatures dropping. It meant less guests venturing out of their warm homes and into the icy arms of mother nature. Less guests meant less income for me. The cafe would close mostly through the winter months but it was starting early this year.

The only good thing about finishing early was being able to start Ronan's treatment earlier. It meant I could give him more time. I check the time again while deciding if he needs another round when my eyes widen and I abruptly drop his arm.

"Fuck Shelby, that wasn't what I had in mind." He jokes while trying to hide the pain but I don't have the time to joke with him right now.

"I'm going to be late. I can't be late. He will panic." I mumble rushing around to find my bag and keys. Ronan watches with wide eyes as move around him quicker then he can blink but I can't be late.