Chapter 18 Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

(Cassandra's dress)
*****

I was working on my MacBook, since I was not allowed to go to my office for at least a week according to our families, they feel I and Cassandra have a lot to catch up on, and this can happen only through me staying at home with her, while spending some quality time. For the entire week Nick was responsible for office work.

While I was on a call with one of my investors Cassandra came out of the bathroom and she was wearing a sleeveless white jumpsuit and that bloody red lipstick god she was looking hot. Just a minute, why am I describing her hot, cute and all, all of a sudden? Something is seriously wrong with me.

*****

It was breakfast time now and I went to the dining hall, Nick and my parents were already seated and were waiting for me. I sat down and Cassie brought some pancakes to the table and started to serve it but when she came to serve me I said no thanks. She did not bother much and pulled out a chair and served herself some food.

Since I was not having pancake I served myself some cheese omelette, before I could take a bite of it, Nick said, "Cassie it's good that you prepared the entire breakfast all by yourself, but I want some more dishes on the table you know like calico pepper frittata, frittata Florentine, tiramisu crepes, tomato onion quinche."

"I am sorry what? Where do you find these?" Cassandra asked.

"Obviously on YouTube idiot, where else?" Nick told her in a dhu tone.

Thinking of not having breakfast since she made it, I poured some orange juice and took a sip of it and it was too sweet, as though she put a ton of sweet in it. I coughed and spit out the entire juice and grabbed Cassandra's hand and pulled her up and shouted "Please spare my life and near ever cook anything in your life cause your cooking will be death of me."

"What's wrong Vincent? Didn't you like the menu? You want something else like Nick wanted? If you want, I can learn some Italian dishes for you" she said with such innocence that I only felt wrong doing this to her. But I was not going to believe her. By this time all the others stood up and were watching why I was shouting at her so badly all of a sudden.

I pushed Cassie to the table and locked her by my hands across the table and took the glass of juice and brought it near her mouth and when she did not understand what I wanted her to do, she stood still. So I forcefully pushed the glass into her mouth and she started to drink, but after a second when her taste buds caught the taste of that pathetic of a juice, she started to wriggle herself out of the situation.

I moved the glass away and she wiped her mouth with a towel and she looked at me. "Now do you understand why I tell you to not do things that you are not capable of?" I asked in a slow motion so she could understand clearly at once.

Looking at her face I knew she was not happy about the situation but I could care less "Please in this lifetime never ever cook anything for me. Your cooking is as horrible as you" I told her. Tears were starting to form in her eyes and Nick pulled me away from her. Why does it always have to be Nick to pull me away from Cassandra.

I moved away and saw everyone staring at the scene including the house helpers and maid. This annoyed me more and I shouted at Cassandra "Do you understand or not?" At that everyone scurried off.

"I am sorry Vincent that you had to drink that juice and I will never cook for you no matter what" saying that she stormed out of the dining room to god knows where. I went to the library to find some peace of mind.

*****

The entire day I did not see her and when I went for dinner Mom screwed me very badly and we both had a very big fight due to the breakfast incident. She said that Cassie only made pancakes and a new maid who was hired a week ago prepared the juice and Mom prepared the other things and Nick was just pulling Cassie's leg.