Chapter 13 I Am Sorry

Start from the beginning

"Ohh maybe you could talk to Cassandra" Chloe said in a very different tone, which was clearly not her usual tone.

"If it was so easy he would have already done it but he did not right?" Nolan questioned Chloe and continued looking at me "Listen Aiden you cannot tell Cassandra directly because you think she is immature and won't be able to take it, but it's your life man, you have to take control of it, she is just your sister, not your wife or girlfriend that she excepts time from you. Yeah, you have to give her time maybe once in a year but her coming here every month only disturbs all of us. It's not like she is bugging us with anything it's just you can't be free and we all end up babysitting her even though she is 16 years old, it's not like she is incapable of taking care of herself, it's just you are overprotective of her and make all of us look out for her."

"Yes you are right but I can't tell her that directly, maybe I can inform my parents or something, let me see what I can do" I said to Nolan and they left me alone and went to some party. Later, after half an hour I walked towards my room but I didn't see Cassandra around.

"Vincent, where is Cassandra?"

"Hmm she left a few minutes ago" he said while scrolling through his phone. I could care less that she left to early but it still bugs me that she did not tell me before leaving, never has she done that, usually I drop her at the gate. Now seeing I still had time left for my date I called the girl up and she agreed and we both went on a date.

After that day Cassandra never came. I was seriously happy about this, I did not even need to talk to my parents about the matter but...

*****

"I am truly Cassandra, you were not supposed to hear that but whatever happened I was too immature to think properly. But I understood my mistake when you did not come back after that day and you suddenly went to UK without informing me prior to your departure. You did not even give me a chance to say bye to you."

"I don't know Aiden, it bowed me up, Nolan's words killed me, after I heard you guys I just left, I could not meet your eyes. After that I felt I am a burden to you and mom, dad. That day I was very happy because I got my acceptance letter from Harvard and wanted to share it with you, I even showed it to Vincent and he was very happy about it but things always don't go as planned"

"I am truly sorry Cassandra I hope you can forgive me" I told her by hugging her. I seriously regret what I did to her when she told me about her acceptance to Harvard.

"I do forgive you Aiden, I just didn't want to bother you with all my problems. But now I am asking you for your forgiveness and please do grant me" she said with a small smile on her face.

"Sure Cassie let's start on a new note, shall we?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Aiden by the way how was your date that day?" she asked with a playful grin on her face.

"It sucked Cassie, she instantly threw herself on me, it was also not a good fuck because her foster brother walked on to us and I was thrown out of the house the very instant." Cassandra laughed out loudly and later we both had our dinner there and she told me what happened to her in UK and why she did that, she also told me a few of her university stories.

Vincent's POV

Today is the day I have been dreading for the past week. Today I am about to get engaged to Cassandra. Those old nincompoops did a good job with the agreement with not even a single loophole. It's like they hired a world-class lawyer and did that. Everyone did their best but found no solution.

After that day at Cassandra's house, I did not see her but I was with Hazel all the time in my penthouse. I also met Aiden and his Dad numerous times to dissolve the contract. Even now Dad had to drag me to the venue as I was unwilling to come on my own.