Chapter 12 Coffees And Cupcakes

Start from the beginning

(Cassandra's dress)

She placed everything down and took her seat next to me. She handed me the cakes and coffee and she also took the coffee cup into her hand and said in her angelic voice "Vincent I know you like chocolate cupcakes, I baked these for you especially, do taste them and tell me how they are."

I took her hand into mine and questioned her "Hmm, what's up with you Cass, you never bake, what's the occasion today?" she giggled and tells "Hmm Vince, it's something special, I will only tell you when the time comes, but for now please have them and tell me how it is. By the way, what are you doing all alone?

I put my hand on her shoulder and said "Cass your brother is very busy with Laura, so here I am" She pouted which always makes me wonder how it will be to kiss those luscious lips when she is pouting but my nightmare Cole, the blood-sucking idiot called out for Cass and dragged her with him. She gave me an apologetic smile and followed him.

I took a bite of the cupcakes as they looked delicious but god it was completely salty she added salt instead of sugar for both the cake and the icing. I threw them on the plate and hurriedly sipped the coffee to save my taste buds but even there it was too salty. It seems she is a fan of salt. I started to caught badly and coughed out the coffee from my mouth into the plate.

While I tried to get up hastily and started to move towards the mansion for some relief I stepped foot on the plate and the entire plate flipped with cupcakes all over the place. Trying to avoid the cakes I spilled the coffee all over the place. What a mess I had created.

Later I didn't even talk to Cassandra, forget talking I did not even see her or that tail wagging Cole for the rest of the night. I am seriously happy about it or else I would have blasted Cassie up for those awful cakes and coffee.

When I was leaving Hazel gave me a gift-wrapped box and told me to handle it with care. I was not even interested in that but just took it with me. I went to my house and plopped on my bed and saw the gift I thought of opening it but when I saw the box I felt something was missing from the time I got out of my car, maybe the name card as there was a spot which had glue marks.

But never mind Hazel handed it over to me personally so I opened it and there were cupcakes once again I felt like throwing them into a dumpster after the evening's incident but these cakes looked pretty and better than the last ones. I just took the cream in my finger and placed them in my mouth and they were heavenly. I never had anything like them.

I finished the entire box within 5 minutes. After that day I never ate anything made by Cassandra for sure nor did I tell her how awful her cakes were.

*****

Then when Ryan got up and started to walk towards the exit I heard my dolancmante's voice. She shouted something like "Mom where are Cassie's hypothermia tablets, she had to take one now right?" what is she talking about, is Cassandra fine but even before I could process what she told me I see Ryan throw all the papers to the ground and started yelling at Cassandra.

What I picked up from their conversation is Cassandra had a hypothermia attack once when she was in UK and even yesterday, but none of the Knight's family members when it happened when Cassandra was in UK.

When Cassandra felt it was too much to bear with Ryan she started to move back and hit me, and we all we standing to close to one another for our own liking. From somewhere I got an instinct that I had to save Cassie from him, even though every single person knew he was no sought of danger.

I somewhat don't feel this fellow to be to loyal or something, I have a strong feeling he will betray Cassandra when time comes. We both started a round of verbal fight and Cass had to intervene and politely tell the fucker to fuck off. Then when the storm settled down and Cassandra's Dad threatened to explain herself, which she did.