Season 2 / Chapter 5: Bound in Natura.

————————————————Beginning————————————————

3rd Person POV

When you arrived in your room, you didn't see Rias laying in bed, and instead there was light coming from under the bathroom door.

With a furrowed brow, you went over to the door, however, before you could knock, you heard what sounded like light crying, so knocking lightly, you called out.

Y/n: Rias? Are you ok in there?

You heard some movement before Rias opened the door and gave you a clearly forced smile.

Rias: Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry.

Y/n: Rias... don't lie to me. I know somethings wrong... you can tell me anything. Anything at all, I'll listen.

Rias started towards to bed and you followed. Resting in the bed beside her, she let out a light sigh.

Rias: I heard from my parents, and to say they don't like you, is an understatement. My Mother is the most rational of the bunch, so I'm not too worried about her, but my Father and Brother think that you put a spell on me or seduced me in someway.

Y/n: I mean... are they wrong? I seduce you all the time.

Rias gave you an unimpressed look, making it clear she wasn't in the mood for your jokes.

Y/n: Whether they like me or not, it doesn't change the fact that I'd wage war against the gods for you, crawl through hell to save you and turn heaven to rubble if you asked me too.

Rias: While that's very sweet of you, it's also scary since I know you'd actually do it.

Y/n: Exactly my point. I'd actually do it. All for you. So they can think I seduced you, they can think I put a spell on you... I won't give you up.

You couldn't help but pulling Rias tightly against you after those words left your lips. 

Hours passed after that, Rias would fall asleep before you and then you'd fall soon after.

Now, nearing midnight, you lay face up in bed, Rias' head placed next to yours, her body laying against yours, a leg thrown over your own and her hand over your heart.

Though you were sound asleep, your sleep itself was restless.

While you slept, you were locked inside your mind, reliving memories, both good and bad, things you remembered and things you'd forgotten.

Then, for whatever reason, the trip down memory lane... simply ended. Instead, the memories were replaced with a tranquil forest. Far from the usual dreamscapes your subconscious conjured up for you.