Chapter 4: The Pieces align.

You moved over to a picture that sat on a side table between two chairs, a picture of you and your father which you picked up and smiled up, followed by a few short words.

"Requiescat In Pace, Papa."

Rias Point of View

To be totally honest with myself, I didn't know why he was telling me any of this, but the green color scheme of the furniture and the dark oak wood, adorned with the gold furnishings, it only became more clear to me, why it was specifically the 'Snake' clan.

Rias: Y/n, may I ask about your parents? Would that be alright?

Y/n: I never knew my mother, but my father... He was the Yakuza head of the Snake Clan before me, but he was the kind of man that you can just trust. He spoke about my mom often, saying she was a tricky one and quite a venomous snake... but I've never even seen her face, she didn't come to my fathers funeral and so I've decided that while she may have given birth to me, she isn't my mother.

I could see it in Y/n's eye's, he truly didn't have any emotions for his mother, good or bad.

Rias: Do you have any siblings? That you know of?

Y/n: I did, a little sister. Well, half-sister. When my father died, she was 12. Her and her Mother, my mother in law, left and I haven't heard from them since. I'm sure it's cause they don't want anything to do with the cities underground.

Rias: I'm sorry to hear that.

Y/n: Nah, it's all good. I've got a brother in Benji and then there's Seamus and his wife, their daughter. They're my family. And Miss Adellai.

Rias: The way you speak about them, makes them seem like very important people.

Y/n: Yeah, Adellai is my families maid and overall caretaker, she's been my fathers maid since she was 18, so nearly 12 years now. Seamus was taken from America and essentially made a slave, when my father found out that there was human trafficking and slavery, on his streets, in his domain, he was pissed. Gave all of the people he rescued a place to call home, put them through schooling, sent them back to their families, and Seamus became my dad's best friend and soon after, our families head of security. When I found out his wife was pregnant, and with a daughter no less, I swore to Seamus, no matter what, she'd have the best fuckin life, no matter what. 

Rias: Heh, the way you talk about your family, it's hard to believe you're the head of a Yakuza Clan.

Y/n: My father used to say 'We in the Snake clan, find honor and pride in family, always.' We may be tricky and slimy, venomous and sharp-tongued, but we do have honor.

Rias: Y/n... have you ever wondered who your mother was? Ever?

Y/n: I did, but after my fathers funeral, she made it clear she didn't care, I mean, if she was alive at all...

Rias: Well, what if you suddenly found out who she is and she's alive?

Y/n: I probably wouldn't care, she made her choice and I made mine.

Rias: I see.

Y/n: Now then, would it be alright if I asked you a couple of questions?

Rias: Ask away.

Y/n: What do you think of me, genuinely, as a person?

Rias: Well, this morning I'll admit, you made me dislike you almost immediately. It was the way you talked about killing your friend so casually, even going as far as to smile. But now, hearing you talk about your family, well, I can't say I hate you.

Y/n: I'm glad, it'd be terrible if my master hated my guts from the very beginning.

Rias: Usually I don't make my servant's call me Master, but I quite like the way that sounds when you say it.

Y/n: Is that so? Then if I may be oh so bold, I'd like to request you stay for Dinner, Master~.

A/n: I should mention this ahead of time, Y/n sounds like Spike Spiegel, and just cause I like it, have this.

It was this moment that really, truly cemented in my mind, just how dangerous Y/n was. At times he looked and sounded so gentle, but at this very moment, the way he said Master, he was on the other side of the room and it sent chills up my spine, it felt as though something was slithering up my back, he didn't even have to look at me and I could feel it.

It also answered the biggest question I had yet. I had wondered why his father had named them the Snake Clan, and I got my answer. The Green and Gold Gilded Chess pieces, the majority of the furniture in the entire house being green with gold adornments and a deep, dark oak wood to contrast the gold.

Y/n was the Son of the Trickster Goddess, Loki.

A/n: Hey, sooooo I'm just gonna say it before we get too far. In this story, Loki is FEMALE FROM THE START of EVER. Also, because fuck DxD Loki, fucking eww.

Anyways, I'm not using Blonde Loki as Y/n's mother, erm... Loki Spoilers so I won't add anything about the Show, instead, have Female Loki.

 Loki Spoilers so I won't add anything about the Show, instead, have Female Loki