CONTINUE?

(Miles' P.O.V.)

    I steel myself and try not to vomit at the sight before me. Chris, dead because of me. I knew I shouldn't have dragged him into this mess. I knew and I did it anyway. What made me think it was going to be okay?! I make a phone call to the cops and hightail it out of there. I need to stop that monster before it's too late. I can't afford to get caught now. I'm sorry, Chris. I swear I'll avenge you.

(Reader's P.O.V.)

His name is up in lights. Headlines all reading the same way, "Chris Thorne, murdered at age 16". I tremble as the murderer hugs me from behind to comfort me. "It's that fox's fault, you know. Had he not got Chris involved, he'd still be alive." "That doesn't make me feel better. I thought if I stayed with you they'd be safe..." I choke out a sob and he pulls me closer. "They would've been if the fox hadn't provoked me. Couldn't let the game die so he let a friend die instead. It'll be ok... As long as he doesn't touch your other friends, I'll leave them alone." "As weirdly sweet as that sounds, I don't have any other friends. You just killed one of the few I had..." I feel him nuzzle into my hair. A cold, fearful shiver runs down my spine and I feel too frozen to move. My fight or flight instincts kicking into high gear as all my brain wants to do is run. "Then I guess your pretty (E/C) eyes will only be on me." I shiver as he kisses the top of my head. The otherworldly Sonic in human form pulls away from me. "How about I make (F/F)? It's your favorite, right? That ought to make you feel better. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything~." Once he leaves me alone here in my living room, I pull my knees to my chest and cry harder than I've ever cried in my life. Why me? Why did this have to happen to me?