Plan B?

(Miles' P.O.V.)

It's been a few days since I started staying at Chris' place and I learned quite a few things. One, Chris is actually a girl but prefers male pronouns. Two, he still likes wearing skirts on occasion. And three, he lives alone, he's an exchange student from overseas. The first two things I learned aren't exactly relevant to the current situation but just some observations I discovered about Chris. Not like I have much else to do with my rescue plan slow going. Not to mention hiding from the authorities. Pretty sure they'd dissect me as I currently am. They've never seen a two-tailed fox before. I'm actually thankful that Chris offered to let me stay here after finding me in his garbage can. Not my finest moment. "How's the thingamajig coming along?" "You mean my portal device?" "Yeah, that thing. How's it going?" "It's slow going, I don't have all the parts I need. Don't you have school?" "AH! Shoot, you're right! I'm late!" Chris rushes out the door in a mad dash. That's another thing to add to my list of things I learned about Chris.

(Reader's P.O.V.)

The walk to school was unnerving. The otherworldly Sonic insisted on holding my hand and he was humming a happy tune. At least nothing terrible happened aside from him nearly losing it when a guy bumped my shoulder in a rush to get to work. I managed to stop him from doing anything terrible to the guy. If I wasn't there, what would he have done? I don't even want to think about it. I sigh. "Something wrong, darling? We've arrived at your school and you've just been standing there. The bell even rang. Do you want to just turn back and go home?" "No!" He gives me a look and I flusteredly try to recover from my sudden shout. "I-I mean... I shouldn't miss classes. My parents would be upset." "Well then, Have a good day~." He waves me off and I can finally sigh in relief. Just for a moment, I'm actually happy to be at school, much to my surprise. I walk to class and I see Chris' eyes light up. "Yo, (Y/N), I thought you got kidnapped or something! You were absent for a few days." If only you knew...

(Chris' P.O.V.)

Maybe Miles was talking about a different (Y/N). Still, maybe I should tell him about this anyway. Just in case. School was pretty slow today, but I did see something interesting after class. Who's the guy with the blue hair and are those eye contacts? (Y/N) seems nervous around him and his smile kinda creeps me out. I hurry home and slam open the door. "CHRIS! You'll break the door if you keep opening it like that!" "I saw (Y/N)!" "What?" "I SAID, I SAW (Y/N)!!!" "Chris, stop shouting, I'm not deaf. I heard what you said. I'm just having trouble believing it." "There's more." He gives me an annoyed look and crosses his arms. "Do tell." "She was with some blue-haired guy, his eyes were really weird. They were red and the whites of his eyes were pitch black!" Miles' eyes widen. "He's here? In our world? Did he look human or did he look more like me?" "Definitely human but I did see little ears on top of his head." He shuts his eyes deep in thought and his tails subtly twitch. I kinda wanna pet them but Miles already scolded me once for that. He just looks so fluffy, can you blame me? "Ok, it seems the circumstance has changed but she's likely still being held captive. But I need to see for myself. Empty out your gym bag, we're going on a field trip."