Distrust

(EXE.P.O.V.)

There's a silence that hangs in the air as I see tears spill down her face. I want to reach out and comfort her trembling form but I know I'll only make it worse. She's scared but I'm not sure if it's because of me, or because of him. She takes a deep breath, composing herself before continuing. "I received the voicemail a couple days ago. What Miles said freaked me out though. Here, I'll play it for you." She pulls up her voicemail history and hits play on the message. "(Y/N), if you can hear this then it means I finally broke through. That disk I left at your door, burn it. Don't open the file, don't try to delete it, just burn it. I don't have a lot of time and I'm sure he'll be back any second. I'm sorry, I'm afraid we won't be seeing each other anymore. I only hope this message reaches you. Crap, he's back! We never talked, ok? Burn that disk!" and then, static. The voice mail itself is distorted but I already know why he did this. He's still trying to get rid of me even at the cost of his own life. If he doesn't like it here, fine. I'll just make his new life here a living hell. Death's too good for him. "Don't believe that message. And besides, you can't burn my disk anyway. I broke your CD tray, remember? That wasn't even your friend. It was someone from my world trying to get rid of me. (Y/N), don't believe that guy's lies. He was mimicking your friend's voice so you trust him." "How do I know I can trust you?" I hear her sniffle and watch as she wipes her tears with her sleeve. My poor goddess. "Because I'll never hurt you like that. That guy from my world knows that Miles is a friend of yours. Miles left because of that person. I know because he and I were friends. I didn't tell you what happened because I was sure you wouldn't trust some glitch in your computer." She sighs and relaxes a bit but I notice she's still on guard. "I just don't know if I can." I hear her whisper. I really screwed up. If I hadn't been so busy trying to trap that Chris person this wouldn't've happened. "You should go answer your door. Your friend Chris showed up. I can see them on the door cam." She flinches, probably panicking a bit about the fact I have access to all her cameras. She goes and lets in Chris and I just hang up the phone. I've got some work to do. And a fox to punish.