Watching from the other side of the screen

(Reader's P.O.V.)

    Finally found my laptop after several hours. Turns out I left it under the couch. The couch seems to have a habit of eating my stuff... Whatever. I found it and now it's time to find out what's on this disk. The label was scratched out so I really have no other way of knowing. Wait, what if this is like someone's embarrassing stash of dating sims? The note said 'Don't play' not 'don't look'. What if it's one of those kinds of people? The kind that are leaving town with their S.O. and they don't want them to see their embarrassing past so they send it off somewhere to be destroyed. But video games, unless it's a movie on here. It could be an embarrassing movie too. Now I'm tempted to play whatever this is and I haven't even put it in my computer. I boot up my laptop and put the disk in. A file comes up with the name "Sonic.Exe". A Sonic game? All that fuss and frantic knocking for a Sonic game? Maybe the game is hacked. Or it has a virus. Maybe I should run my antivirus and call it a night. What a waste. Oh, well. Least I get a free game out of it.

(???'s P.O.V.)

    He somehow escaped me. He can't run forever though. I'll catch up eventually. And when I do, It's GAME OVER. For now, I'll just play with the new soul who just put me in their computer. Hmm? An antivirus program? What, trying to destroy me from the inside? Sorry, whoever you are, but your puny little antivirus isn't going to get rid of me. I'll just delete it. You should be thanking me. That antivirus wasn't that great anyway. Now I want to know who's computer this is. Let's see, lot's of game files, so they like playing games. Lots of games with me in it too. Well, not me but "me". Maybe I'll just tweak those files to give me more games to play with them. Let's see what else there is. Ooh, bank account web page left open. What kind of person lets their account go into the negatives? Maxed out credit cards, owes the bank somewhere in the thousands. But now I know they live in (H/T), so, thanks bank page. Lots of open tabs for streaming services. Did I get stuck with a broke shut-in? I turn on the camera, I bet they live in a dump. Fancy walls, white couch, expensive paintings, mahogany wood flooring. I'm in a rich person's computer or possibly their in-debt servant. Does this thing have photos in it? Yes, but not any photos of who I'm dealing with. It's all just fan art from different games. Mostly "me". So I'm guessing #1 FAN type. At least I learned their name is (Y/N) (L/N). I pull up the search engine. Time to find out a bit more about who I'm dealing with.

*Five Hours Later*

(???'s P.O.V.)

    She. It's a she. She's a rich girl in her junior year attending (H/T) high. Fun. Not only that, she's a bit of a loner. Only a handful of friends and probably only a few of those handful are actually her friends. Their social medias have them sitting in expensive cafes or expensive stores at the mall. Some part of me almost felt bad. Almost. I also learned miss (Y/N) (L/N) is only in debt because she spends up her allowance as quick as she gets it. Credit cards are always maxed out when a new game or game system comes out. Not to mention she's been buying new parts for her PC. Which explains why I'm in her laptop and not her PC. There's one other thing I noticed. NOT A SINGLE PHOTO OF HER. No yearbook photo, social media photo, no selfies, nada. This girl is like a camera ninja. Maybe I saw her in her friends' photos, but I wouldn't know because they don't tag her in the photo! So I have no face to the name. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll just walk up to her computer and let me see her face. I hear an alarm go off. I didn't realize how long I've been investigating for. Better close out some of those tabs and clear the search history. Someone walks into view but I can only see their jeans and (F/C) shoes with the (S/C) laces. I hear her yawn and start talking to herself about a list of things she needs to do today. Then the legs leave. Did she forget she left me and the laptop on the floor? Two hours later she comes back with bags from a convenience store. I check her bank account. The negative number is gone but her cash is in the single digits. How's she going to survive on that?! I could just glitch the bank system and give her extra cash... Wait, why am I so worried? I plan to kill her anyway. Maybe... She walks back in front of the laptop. She's wearing (F/C) sweats and I'm assuming her top matches the same color scheme as her sneakers from earlier. She picks up the laptop and I finally see her face. I... think I might glitch that bank system after all.