Home?

(Reader's P.O.V.)

I awaken to the sound of birds chirping. I'm in my room, the one in the mansion I call home and not the one in that weird castle. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and run my fingers through my (H/L) hair as a sigh of relief comes to my lips. It was all just a bad dream... At least, I hope it was. I hear rustling downstairs. Are my parents home? We don't have any staff that live here so it must be them, right? For some reason, I feel sick to my stomach and there's a feeling of dread in the back of my mind. I really want all of that to be a bad dream. It takes me a good amount of time to even work the courage to even walk downstairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning, darling. I'm just making you breakfast. Go sit down, it's almost ready." and then my delusion shatters. It was all real. Standing in front of me, in a more human-like form, is the otherworldly Sonic in my mother's pink apron and cooking breakfast. I'm too frozen to move. After what happened before, I'm very well aware of the danger in front of me. "Darling? Do you feel sick? Do you think you should go back to bed?" His gloved hand presses to my forehead and I flinch. He frowns. "Still scared I see. (Y/N), darling, I really want us to get along like before. Can't I go back to being Unknown✦?" I close my eyes for a moment and heave a shaky sigh. "Am I really home or is this a new magic trick?" "You're really home and I'll even let you go to school like before. We had a... rough... start. I would really prefer if we got along. Now, go sit down and I'll finish your breakfast. After that, I'll walk you to school." He smiles with sharp teeth. I'm still wary but I remind myself that even though I'm home, I'm still his prisoner. I must tread lightly.

(EXE.P.O.V.)

I suppose that could've gone worse. It could've gone better too but I won't complain. I finish the breakfast I was working on for her, omurice with a ketchup heart on top. I admire my work for a moment and present it to her at the dining table. She's hesitant. Don't worry so much, my goddess. You know I'd never hurt you, right? "Is something wrong, (Y/N), my darling?" She closes her eyes and painfully swallows. She's scared again. "Darling, say 'ah'." I hold up a fork full of the omurice. She hesitantly eats a fork full and then I scoop up another. I'm kinda happy to see her eating, for a moment I thought she wouldn't eat. And she's eating right off the fork I'm holding. Once I finish feeding her the omurice I leave the room briefly to wash her plate. I hear a shaking sob escape her. Don't cry, my goddess. I only want to take care of you.