Sonic?

(Reader's P.O.V.)

When I got home, I received a text from Chris saying he was going to be late. He got detention and the teachers weren't going to punish him lightly. I mean, gluing the teacher's answer sheet to his desk was bound to get him into trouble. I told him that we could do it next time. Instead, I set up some snacks for a long movie marathon alone. But as I was setting up, I noticed my laptop, still plugged into its lifeline, laying open and abandoned on the floor. It's been a while since I played on it. I almost forgot about it. I wonder if Unknown✦ is mad about me deleting their number or more accurately, Chris deleting it. He said it was dangerous to keep an unknown number on my phone. I got mad at him for that but I couldn't get the number back. It made me sad but I forgave Chris, he didn't know that Unknown✦ was a friend of mine. I pull my laptop into my lap. I see Sonic.Exe on the desktop. Unknown✦ told me not to open the file but I don't really care at the moment. Clearly not thinking straight and common sense clearly broken at the moment, I click on the file and open it. I see the file teleport away but I notice it still opened. The glitch must've tried to stop me. According to Unknown✦, the glitch came from the file. But if the glitch was stopping me, does that mean it was alive somehow? The game opens with the classic title screen and for about two seconds the screen glitches with the red-eyed Sonic. But something was wrong. In those two seconds, I saw a panicked look on his pixelated face. Then, my phone rings. The caller ID says Unknown✦ but that's impossible. Chris deleted the number. Hesitantly, I answer. A low voice answers, sounding somewhat like Sonic's voice. "Hello, (Y/N)."

(EXE.P.O.V.)

I watch from the other side of the screen as she trembles at the sound of my voice. I don't like that face, not on her. "W-who are you?" "Look on your screen," I reveal myself and knock on the screen from the other side. She drops her phone. I wouldn't be surprised if she destroyed the laptop at this point. Not only did my trap hook the wrong fish, but now my goddess sees what I really am before I was ready. I wanted her to fall in love with me first. How could I possibly build that back? But then I remember she deleted my ID from her phone. I cross my arms with an angry glare. I'm not that mad at her anymore but I'm not about to tell her that. "You deleted me." my voice comes out more pixelated than I meant it to. "I-I'm sorry. It wasn't me, it was Chris." I twitch a little. So he really is a virus. "I scolded him for it but I couldn't get the number back. My phone history was deleted." "So he deleted your phone history too? Do you really expect me to believe that, (Y/N)?" "I deleted my phone history earlier that day. I got a weird voicemail and it freaked me out. I told Chris about it and she snatched my phone and deleted it and your number!" "She?" She suddenly looks flustered. "Chris is actually a girl but he prefers to be called 'He' rather than 'She', I slipped up just now." She looks embarrassed. I do a quick search on Chris to see if she's lying. Sure enough, Chris's social media proves her to be right. My goddess is so considerate... I almost forgot I was mad at her! "It doesn't change the fact you let him delete me. What was the voice mail?" She swallows dryly. She clenches her fist and I notice she's on the verge of tears. I don't mean to scare her like this, I hate this just as much as she does but I need to know who tried to contact her. "(Y/N), don't make me ask again." She takes a deep breath and steadies herself. I'm honestly surprised she's still talking to me right now. "It was Miles."