Chapter 3: Shadows of the devil I

Start from the beginning

Vlad arrived at the front gate after 35-45 minutes later, the gate opened and he walked down the path leading to his front door, as he opened the front door... He got in and went to the kitchen, noticing it's empty... Now that he realises, Elaina has not answered a single message since he left the mansion. He decided to hang his diploma in his room, not long after. After he hanged his diploma on the wall of his room, he pulled his phone out and tried to call Elaina, but after a minute of no answer... Vlad again called and called for another 5 minutes before giving up.

Vlad: Damn it, where is she? She would usually be home around lunch, expect if... No way, I doubt she has went after a major threat enemy around this time.

A voice was heard saying "Oh please... I am right here~" as someone grabbed Vlad from behind.

Vlad: H-Hey!

It turns out Elaina was hiding in his room waiting to surpirse him. Then Vlad was let go off.

Elaina: Hehe! You never expected me, did you?

Vlad rolls his eyes as he was a bit annoyed now.

Vlad: Yeah yeah... Whatever you say there.

Elaina: Yeah congrats finishing your second school year! I am actually surprised that you didn't get a B+ out of this test... Or atleast the pro-hero spared you... hehe hell if I know.

Vlad then looks at Elaina,

Vlad: You know very well, I always score an S on every test and hero training!

Elaina: Yeah, Yeah... But don't count on that, I heard that Willow as a third year teacher will make sure you never Score a single S, she will make sure you learn that perfection does not exist in a way, that you were just lucky to get S in your first two years...

Vlad: W-What do you mean?

Vlad was a bit worried and afrad for a moment...

Elaina: I mean that... She will make you regret the day you signed up for the hero course. Third years don't get out of alive without getting an F or a D at their entrance exam.

Elaina: So whatever ya do, do not test her patience. I've seen her teaching methods before.

Elaina then hugs Vlad.

Elaina: Either ways, I am sorry I forgot to cook lunch again hehe~

Elaina: It's just that I was worried for you being attacked by a Villain on your way home, that I was stressed as fuck! God don't make me worry again and be on time!

Ah yes, Elaina is worried as usual... She shows those kind of emotions only after Vlad being late for longer then 45 minutes to 4 hours.

Elaina: Either ways, I will get my apron, maybe get yours too. We should cook together, like old times! What'cha say, Vlad?

Vlad thinked... He hasn't gotten to spend much time with somewhat of a family... He does not refer to Elaina as a sister or her parents as mom and dad... He just lives in the mansion as he has nowhere to go. He hasn't changed his last name to Vans yet, which would be illegal if he uses a different last name, but again it worked with the public and tricked the government... And no reader, Vlad & Elaina are not siblings at all or are releated in any shape or form.

After sometimes, they both started cooking together, making some delicious food together as they talked...

Elaina: Oh yeah that reminds me, my mom & dad called me and told me that when we get married, maybe you should use your actual last name in the future...