Chapter 36:

Hannah POV:
The last few days has been odd. Marc barely looks at me anymore, and he has been too busy to eat at home and too tired to watch movies. I've caught him coming home in the middle of the night several times now. It breaks my heart every time, because I know where he has been. Kendal told me that he came to her house at night, and first I didn't know if I should believe her, but now I know. It's true.

The Prince arrives today which means that the celebration for him is tonight. Nelly and I are getting tea together. She said that it's important to look nice enough to show respect but not too nice since we don't want to draw any attention to us. She said that she bought me a dress and some shoes, so all I have to do is shower.

I turn off the water and dry myself with a towel before I blow dry my hair. Nelly brought me some stuff a while ago. Some hair products, body lotions, face cream and perfumes. Marc said he liked it better when I'm not wearing perfume, so I decided not to put any on.

I put on my underwear, which Nelly also bought for me, and then I curl my hair a little extra than what I have naturally.

"Hannah I'm coming in" Nelly says and opens the door. She is carrying two hangers with a cloth over them so you can't see the dresses underneath and a bag.

"Okay," she says and open the bag "I've got shoes for you and some makeup" she hands me a little makeup bag and a pair of black stilettos. I already have some makeup in my drawer from when we got ready for Lunas birthday, but apparently I needed new ones.

"I hope you like the dress" Nelly says and pull out the dress. The blue lace dress from the store. I can't believe it. How did she know? I feel a tear run down my cheek, but it's not a tear of sadness. No. It's pure happiness. I get to wear the dress of my dreams before I have to go home. I know my time here is coming to an end. Joanna haven't needed my help since she had to help Alpha that day, and when I talk about it with Marc he shuts down.

I put on the dress and take a look in the mirror. It's perfect. It fits me beautifully. The neckline is a little lower than I usually would choose, but for some reason I don't care. I might actually like this off-shoulder cut. The silk inner dress and the thin lace hugs my body like it was made just for me. I put on my stilettos and let Nelly apply the makeup.

When we walk into the kitchen I see Marc in a navy blue suit with a black tie. His eyes catch mine and for a second I feel like I could melt away. "Wow. You look beautiful" he says but the sweet and caring glance in his eyes disappears as fast as it came.

"Let's go. We're already late" Marc says and turns to leave.

I feel a tear threaten to escape but I hold it back. I don't want Nelly to se how much he affects me or ruin the makeup she did.

After the short drive, we pull up at the crowded parking lot. The pack house is full of people but they don't seem as happy as they did at Lunas party. I wonder how many of the unmarked wolfs worry about tonight. Today I am extra glad not to be a wolf, because today is not a good day to be a she-wolf without a mate.

The inside of the pack house is beautifully decorated once again. Large golden chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, large candlesticks, a golden carpet at the stairs and large tables decorated with flowers.

This time I'm seated in between Marc and Tatiana's mate Simon. It makes me relax and breathe more easily knowing I won't have Jack next to me. I wonder why I never saw him around again.

The food is amazing and this time the waitresses brings me rosé wine at Marc's request. Even though we are seated right next to each other we have barely spoken to one another. Whenever I ask him something he answers mostly in monosyllabic words, most often yes or no. Tatiana and Simon has talked with me throughout the evening, and I really like them. They seem like kind people. But right about now I would love to have a normal conversation with Marc. Have him look at me for more than a second.