Chapter 26

Hannah POV:
I walk through the living room heading for my bedroom, but as I reach the kitchen i stop when I hear him.

"As a wolf physically my body feels different. I feel the fur, it feels different when my paws touches the ground, gravity feels different, but I'm still me. My feelings are my own, but the wolf side of me has feelings and opinions as well. I feel them, but I know they aren't my own. Technically they are mine because the wolf is a part of me, but they feel a bit different. When we met in the forest my wolf had no doubt that you are my mate, but it took me a while to believe it. I thought you where playing me. That it was a trick, a spell or something. I thought you where pretending so I tried to make you slip up, to catch you in a lie or just somehow prove that we aren't mates. I'm sorry for everything I have done, how I have treated you, that I scared you.." he trails off "but I promise that you are safe with me"

His eyes are pleading and his voice so soft yet he sounds sad. Something inside me click and I feel a warm and unfamiliar feeling.

"You thought I was tricking you?" I can't believe he would even think that. How should I even be capable of such things?

"Yes. But I don't think that anymore"

"Then what do you think?" I ask without thinking about the question first.

He smiles as he says "I think that you are something I can't quite figure out. I think that you need someone you can trust and that kindness hasn't been given to you very often"

His words hits me hard and I can't stop a tear from rolling down my cheek. He walks towards me and as he reaches me he opens his arms. I back away as I realize what he is trying to do and it makes him stop and lower his arms. He looks at me with a mixture of confusion and sadness. Like I hurt his feelings. I avoid his eyes and swallow hard.

"I'll talk to Alpha about getting you home" he says and walk past me and disappears out the kitchen.

Home. I've wanted this ever since I came and now I'm almost there. I feel hopeful yet saddened at the same time. But why? I shouldn't be sad at all. I'm going home to my mother, to my coven and.. Well my duties.. I'm leaving all the scary wolfs behind and that should make me happy! I guess I will miss Luna, Nelly and.. Marc.. his wolf but also him I guess. Today has been amazing and I actually felt more comfortable with him than I ever thought I would.

I walk over to the couch where the duvet still lies covered with the the paper from the chips and candy Marc brought me. It was something that I had never tasted before and I really liked it. One of the things where really sour and Marc laughed at me when I didn't know what to do, so I stuck my tongue out hoping the sourness would stop. Drink something he said and I did. It worked pretty good, but the aftertaste was still there for a while.

"Do you want to eat dinner here or at the pack house?" Marc ask from behind me making me jump as I hadn't heard him walking up behind me.

"Sorry. I forgot you don't hear as well as I do. I didn't mean to sneak up on you" He holds up his arms and takes a few steps backwards.

"No it's okay. You just caught me by surprise." I feel a blush on my cheeks.

"So what do you prefer? Eat at the pack house or here?"

"I don't know. You choose" I say not wanting to trouble him.

"How about we make something and eat it while watching the next movie?" He suggest and I can't help a small smile from forming. I nod a little too eagerly making him smile as well.

"Do you want to go with me to the store and pick up some things for dinner then?"

An internal battle consumes me. I would like to see the human world and see humans, but it's unfamiliar territory and I've always been taught that humans are cruel and angry, but the movie shows nothing of that happening.

"Is it safe?" I ask

"Yes. Mostly they just mind their own business. And I promise that I will protect you" He smiles

It might be my only chance and I guess the safest way to see them would be with a wolf to protect me.

"Okay" I say "if you promise to protect me"

His face changes and I can't make up what the expression means.

"I promise" he says and smiles again.

We walk outside where his truck is parked. He opens the passenger door and after I buckled the seatbelt he close the door.

After we have driven for a few minutes he turn on the music.

"Is there anything in particular you want to eat?"

I don't now that many dishes, so I just shake my head. I look out the window and see a beautiful landscape as we drive out of the pack territory. The landscape quickly turns into large buildings, asphalt and concrete. Cars all around us and people walking beside the road. I silently watch it all in amazement. Marc makes a turn and parked the car in front of a large building with a glowing sign.

"Are you ready?" He ask softly as I take it all in.

I nod and unbuckle my seatbelt before I open the door. There are several cares parked in the parking lot and even som humans walking around.

"Do that know what we are?" I ask

"No. As far as they know witches and werewolf's only exists in movies.

"So technically there could be other species out there. If they are pretending to be human as well?"

"I guess, but there scent would give them away"

"But how can you tell? I mean if you don't know their scent?"

"I know the human scent. And I would be able to tell if someone had a scent that wasn't human"

His facial expression is full of amusement.

The inside of the store is something unlike anything I have ever seen before. There are so many different things in so many different packages. How can people need so many different things?

A loud noise startles me and instinctively I grab Marc's hand and look around trying to locate the sound as my heartbeat quickens.

"Hannah it's okay. You're okay. Someone dropped something" he says in a low voice. I look down at our intertwined hands as I feel him drawing small circles with his thumb on the back of my hand. The feeling is calming yet I withdraw my hand and give him a shy smile.

My skin tingles where he touted me and it feels weird that I didn't feel bad when he touched me. Only a week ago his touch gave me a panic attack and now, it's like my skin craves his hand on mine again.