Chapter 9:

Hannah POV:
We're in Nellys car driving to the pack house. I can feel that she isn't comfortable around me after my break down and the simple fact that she can easily kill me if she pleases doesn't exactly sit well with me either. The thought of going inside a hall full of wolfs isn't really helping my nerves either. I never got the chance to braid my hair. Or even put on underwear. I suddenly feel very self-conscious about my body. The fabric of the dress is thin. What if someone noticed! The dress feels light against my skin as it moves whenever I move in my seat.

"Most of the wolfs here are nice. Obviously there are a few people I wouldn't mind living without, but mostly nice people. I think you will like them" Nelly says and smiles at me. Like them? And did she call them people? They're wolfs, not people. I don't say anything but give her a tight smile.

The pack house is filled with wolves. But all in their human form. They talk and laugh as if it is a party. There is even some music playing outside the house. I'm walking closely to Nelly, hoping that if I hide behind her maybe no one will notice me. I don't feel safe here at all! I'm surrounded by such deadly creatures with no way of defending myself. How could the council members have left me here? I just don't understand.

When we make it into the large dining hall, I'm overwhelmed by the large crowd gathered around the large buffet. Even more overwhelmed by all the ones sitting at the long tables around the buffet. There must be hundreds of the creatures!

The smell of all kinds of food fill the room and my stomach starts to rumble. "Well, I guess I don't have to ask you if you're hungry" Nelly says and smiles. How did she know? There are so many people talking and laughing in here that she couldn't possibly have heard my stomach? "Our senses are extraordinary, you know," she says, looking at me knowingly.

"You could hear it? Even with all this noise?" I finally gather the courage to ask.

"Yes I could hear it. We can sort through the sounds quite easily. So the background noise doesn't really bother me" she says and smile as she walks through the crowd. "All our senses are heightened. That's how we detect how people are feeling as well. A combination of hearing and smell" she says and then point to a table "We sit here"

How people are feeling? What does she mean by that? She can't possibly know what I'm feeling... Right?

I look at the table Nelly pointed at and try to stay calm. It's full of wolfs, and they are having a lively discussion about something. Marc is sitting with a beautiful blond girl on his lap. She is smiling at him as she runs her finger up his chest. Nelly sits down and tell me to sit down next to her. I take a seat and hope for the night to be over soon. Sitting at a table full of wolves isn't something I particularly enjoy. Nelly looks at Marc with an expression I don't understand. She looks mad. Or actually she looks furious.

"So Kendal, I've heard that you're not going to apply for any colleges? You really should reconsider. The further away the better," Nelly suddenly snap her eyes to the blond girl. Her voice is high and sound fake. I'm getting the feeling that she doesn't really care for this girl.

"Hey Nelly, shut your face" the girl replies and then turns her attention back to Marc. The girl, Kendal, clearly doesn't like her either.

"Wow what a clever comeback Kendal! Did you practice from home?" Nelly mocks.

Kendal raises her middle finger in Nellys direction without taking her eyes off Marc.

Nelly starts talking to the others and she seems to like them a lot better. A guy walks over to the table and sits down next to Marc.

"Hi, I'm Jason. What's up?" He says, looking at me. I immediately lower my head. "Hello," I say, staring down at the empty plate in front of me. "I'm Tatiana, but everyone calls me T. This is my mate Simon" a girl sitting next to me says. "Hello" I say again. I feel like everyone is staring at me but I'm too scared to look up and find out. I hear Kendal laugh and say "freak much".