Chapter 32:

Hannah POV:
This has got to be one of the weirdest nights of my life. First I have the nightmare that I haven't had for several years, completely lost and terrified I woke up as Marc shook me, and I have never been so happy to see someone as I was to se Marc at that moment. When I looked at him all I saw was my sanctuary, and I felt so safe in his arms as he comforted me. The rest of the night I slept so peaceful and deep that the whole world could have gone under without me noticing. I was safe and I know why. It was because of him. His steady heartbeat had lulled me to sleep and his strong arms had ensured me that nothing could happen to me. At that moment I was untouchable. The man that once terrified me was now my safety.

I turn on the hot water and let it wash over me. Hopefully it will give me some clarity.

Waking up next to Marc caused an internal battle to rise inside me. It scared me so much that I had shared a bed with a man, that I had thrown myself at him and completely surrendered myself to him. He could easily have had it his way with me. But he hadn't. He hadn't even been laying down next to me, he stayed seated the entire night. He had kept his hands respectfully around me, not touching any of my private parts. Had I truly misjudged him so much? I had feared that he would take me when he wanted, that he would do with me as he pleased and even that he would kill me when he was done with me.

A feeling of guilt and shame washes over me as I realize that I judge him and his kind without even knowing anything about them. All I had been told growing up was a lie. Wolfs wasn't some emotionless creatures that only existed to hunt and kill. They live happy lives with love and care for one another. They believe in true and unconditional love. They believe in a goddess that stands for love and kindness.

As I'm drying myself off I take a look in the mirror. The girl looking back at me looks happy, healthy and... I can't put my finger on it.. I look at myself; My toenails are painted pink, my legs and hips has gotten a bit more curvy. Not in a bad way.. Or at least I don't think so. My skin isn't as pale as it was only a month ago. It's almost August so obviously the warmth of the July sun has had a positive effect on my skin, but not only has it gotten a bit of color but it's also shiny and soft now. My face doesn't have dark circles under the eyes or dry itchy skin. My hair is shiny and fluffy like someone brought it back to life. I look into my eyes and I smile a bit as I realize that for the first time in a long time I don't look tired or scared.

But then I remember that all of this is temporary. When we find a way to break the bond I will have to go home. Home. It doesn't even sound right. How can 'home' be a place where I'm treated like dirt and I constantly live in fear of the next punishment? Home should be a place where you feel safe and sound. A place to call your own. A place to... to be yourself.

I put on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts that Nelly brought me. I have never been the type to where shorts, but today the weather is warm and the moist moist air is making it unbearable to wear long pants.

As I walk out the bedroom door Marc opens his bedroom door as well and take a step out into the hallway. His hair is wet and his shirtless body is glistening with what I presume is water from the shower he had. Or is he sweating? I look at his dark hooded eyes and something inside me tightens at the raw animalistic way he is looking at me right now.

"Marc" I say trying to sound light and breezy but fails miserably as it sounds more like pleading. Marc inhale sharply and walk towards me but stops a few steps before reaching me. His jaw is tense and a battle between his emotions is clear in his eyes. It seems he has made up his mind as he walks past me and down the stairs without saying a single word. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in and slowly walk down the stairs as well.

I should have been scared at the hard stare he gave me but I wasn't. It wasn't a look of hate or anger, but more like.. like.. maybe heat and lust? But shouldn't that have made me even more scared than anger or hate? So why wasn't I? Not only was I not scared, I actually liked it. I liked that he looked at me like that. Like I'm something to be desired. Someone worth wanting.

Marc POV:
We both went into our separate bathrooms to take a shower and get ready for the day. Waking up in the same bed as her has got to be one of the best damn things I have ever experienced. Normally I don't share a bed. Whenever I've had company in bed, we separates before falling asleep. I need my personal space, so I can't have someone lying beside me and taking up the space. Or so I thought. I was seated for the most of the night yet I was so happy.

I turn on the hot water and walk into the shower knowing that right across the hall Hannah is naked in the shower as well. The water running down her nicely sculpted body, her wet nipples and slippery ass just out of my reach. Oh how I would love to feel her soft wet skin on mine, squeeze her ass as I pick her up and feel her lips on mine, explore her mouth with my tongue and bite down on that plump bottom lip of hers. I want to hear her moan when I take her breast into my mouth and suck on her nipples. Fuck. My cock I so hard I think it might explode. I need a release and I need it now. I think about how I would love to taste her sweet core and have her come undone as I lick and suck her with her legs over my shoulders. I try to imagine how my name would sound coming from her mouth as she comes undone.

A growl escapes as I feel the release. Just the thought of her makes me cum faster and harder than I ever have before. I let the water wash over me before I turn off the water and step out. I quickly dry myself with a towel and put on some shorts. I feel my cock twitch as I hear Hannah in her room. She just opened up her closet with means that she is currently naked. The release didn't do the trick. I still want her. It's just the mate bond playing trick with my mind. I know it is. It must be! Right?

Images of her naked body pops up in my brain and I try my best to push them away but they just keep coming back.

I open the door to the hallway and her scent hits me like a brick wall. She is wearing shorts that show off her slender legs and a thin t-shirt that hugs her body nicely. Her sparkling eyes scanning my body makes me tens up. And then she bites down on her lower lip. Fuck! It's almost as if she is doing it on purpose to make me want her, but I know that she doesn't. I know that she doesn't even know how fucking sexy it is, and that only makes it even sexier.

"Marc" she practically purrs and I loose it, no longer thinking with my head, or at least not the one on my shoulders, I stalk towards her. As she is almost in my reach she inhales and look at me with anticipation. I force myself to stop as I hear her heart beating faster and faster. But not out of fear.. She's not scared of me. It's like our night together made her trust me more, and if I make a move on her that trust could shatter before it's solid. So I quickly force myself to remove myself from the situation and walk away from her.