Chapter 12:

Hannah POV:
After a warm shower I dry myself with a towel. Two warm showers in one day. I'm usually lucky if I get two lukewarm showers in a week. This is definitely something I'm going to miss when I go home. I avoid my own reflection as I stand in the middle of the bathroom floor. The girl in there is just an empty shell anyways. A broken shell.

I open the closet and pull out the other white dress. I'll have to wash the one I was wearing in the woods. It has several stains and dirt on it. I take the dress with me into the bathroom and put it in the sink and fill it with water. I wash it thoroughly and change the water several times. I get most stains removed, but a blackberry stain is too stubborn, and eventually I give up.

My thoughts keep going back to the wolf. It was such a large creature! The size of a horse. My first time ever to see a wolf and I was not as scared as I thought I would be. Well I was with the first wolf, but not the second wolf. The big black one. It was like meeting a long-lost friend. Except I don't really have friends and I certainly don't have a wolf friend. It was just a special feeling. I wonder if it was a boy or a girl. I didn't exactly get the chance to find out. Maybe it's part of this pack? It wouldn't follow me all the way, so maybe it's scared of Marc. Something inside me is hoping to see the wolf again. For the first time in a very long time, I felt like I had someone to talk to. But of course it couldn't ask me to be quiet either, so maybe it thought I was annoying, but couldn't tell me. I probably shouldn't have talked so much.

My stomach rumbles loudly. I'm so hungry. I should keep busy to keep my mind off food. I go downstairs and try to find a supply closet. I open a door next to the stairs, but it's a guest bathroom. I open the next door I find, but inside is an office. It has big maps on the walls. A large glass door on the side of the office lets the sunlight illuminate the room. It has a large wooden desk and a black leather chair behind it. There is a picture on the wall of a man and a woman. The woman smiles brightly and the man has a strained smile. She is beautiful. Black wavy hair and shiny brown eyes. She looks happy and peaceful. The man has short brown hair and green eyes. He doesn't look as happy as the woman. They both appear to be in their thirties. The picture is framed in a gold and black picture frame.

"What are you doing in here?" Marc snarls. I quickly turn around and almost stumble into the desk. My heart is pounding and I can't find any words. The scary feeling from yesterday hits me like a ton of bricks. Will he finish what he started? "I told you I like my privacy, right?" He continues. His tone is harsh and cold. I lower my head and squeeze my eyes together, trying to hold back the tears. "I'm so sorry! I .. I was .." my voice betrays me and small sobs escapes my throat. This is it. Either he takes me right here and gets it his way, or he kills me for cross him. "Don't cry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that" his voice is suddenly soft and friendly. He changed in a heartbeat. Is he trying to trick me? "I was looking for the supply closet. I'm sorry" I say without lifting my head. My heart is beating so fast that I fear it might explode.

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong. Why where you looking for the supply closet? Did you break something and needed cleaning supplies?" He ask, his voice calm and smooth.

"No! No I didn't break anything I promise. I just wanted to clean. To kill some time" I explain, hoping that he doesn't find it offensive that I wanted to clean. It's not that I find his house dirty. Not at all, I just needed to think about something other than food.

"Are you hungry?" He then ask. How did he know? "Why don't we eat early? The food is usually ready by now" he says and steps closer to me. I only see his legs and feet. He is wearing jeans and blue sneakers. They look new. Still nice and clean. "Sure" I say quietly but beaming internally. And then it hits me. Eat early? That would mean that I would be one of the first to eat the food. I should be the last. I guess I can just take som salad again, so that I don't eat someone's portion. "Are you ready to go? It's a bit chilly outside so maybe you should wear a sweater," he says and move aside so that I can freely walk past him. "No I'm fine like this" I say, not wanting to take some of the clothing Nelly gave me. What if it was a one time offer yesterday, and she would get mad if I wore her shirt.