Chapter 20

Marc POV:
We just arrived at Lunas birthday party and Kendal is sticking to me like a piece of gum under a shoe. I suspect that it wasn't a coincidence that she happened to be seated next to me. But luckily Hannah is seated on the other side of me.

Kendal moves closer and puts her hand on my arm as she leans in "I picked this dress just for you. I tried to find som panties you would like, but I couldn't decide so I just didn't wear any" she practically purrs in my ear. A week and a half ago I would have thrown her over my shoulder and carried her out of here, but now all I fell is disgust.

I pull away from her and turn my attention to Hannah but she is occupied with Jack. I can't help the feeling of annoyance when I see the way he looks at her. He wants her. My mate. He wants MY mate! I have to control my urge to punch him when he calls her beautiful. I don't want to scare her off by jumping the guy and smacking him out of his seat.

Several waitresses appear with the appetizer and I hope that the food will distract him from staring at my mate like she is his lunch!

Hannah looks suspiciously at the food and looks like she's considering cutting it open to see what it is.

I lean in towards her and let her sweet intoxicating scent overpower my senses. Her neck is bare and I want to run my fingers down the soft skin. But I can't. Even though she is my mate she can't be mine.

"It's cold smoked salmon with caviar and lemon" I say and hear how her heart starts beating a bit faster and smell how her scent changes slightly. She inhale before moving away from me. Her cheeks turn pink and I can't help but smile as she clearly tries to hide the fact that her body's reacting on me. A warm feeling of satisfaction rush through me at her reaction. Does she feel the mate bond as well?

She moan as she tries the food and it is the sexiest sound I have ever heard. Fuck. It is going to be hard resisting her as the mate bond pulls us together. But I know that I have to resist her. We can't be together. The bond has to be broken. She is a witch and belong in her coven and I belong in my pack.

"Never had salmon before?" Jack ask her the suggestion in his voice clear. His eyes are filled with lust as he stare at her and I have to spend every ounce of self control I have but I can't help a growl from escaping. She is my mate and he knows it! Yet he is looking at her like she is a piece of meet.

"Marc. Long time no see. I heard it's going well at the training fields" Jack says with a smug smile.

"It is. You should join us some time. I sure would like to show you how it's done" How I would love to smack him around!

"I'm sure you would" he replies and take another piece of his food.

"Well I sure love to see you training babe!" Kendal says and place her hand on my arm once again but this time I pull away from her immediately. Can't she see that we are in the middle of something.

My thoughts are distracted as I smell the slight change in Hanna's scent. She is scared. Technically she is scared almost all of the time, so there is a hit of fear in her scent at all times, but right now it is getting stronger. Not something others are going to notice but I can tell. Her scent is imprinted in my mind and any changes to it catches my attention. Especially a bitter scent like fear. But I can't seem to figure out what scared her.

The waitresses remove the plates and fill the empty glasses. I'm gonna need a lot of wine to get through the night. Either I tear Jack to pieces or I throw Kendal across the room. Neither will be liked very much by the Luna or Alpha.