Chapter 24:

Marc POV:
After showing Hannah how to use the TV I'm heading out the door. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the basics things that she doesn't know. I guess our lives are very different. Too different. Just another reason why we aren't a match.

And damn it's hard to be around her at times. Earlier, as I was making pancakes I heard her coming out of her room and down the stairs but suddenly a faint sweet smell intertwined with her scent. A smell that will haunt me for an eternity. The sweet delicate scent of her arousal. It was faint but still it made my cock twitch. When I looked up I saw the way she was staring at me, her eyes where hungry and shiny. Her stare mixed with her scent was too much for me to resist. I wanted her. I wanted her badly. But when I went for her the smell got substituted with a bitter smell of fear. Her eyes widened and her breath became uneven. I scared her. I have to be better at composing myself.

I get in my truck and drive to the pack house.

As I arrive I walk straight towards Joanna's office. Just as I'm about to nock I hear Luna call out "Marc! I'm glad I ran into you. I just wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday. I have no idea why Jack would do that. And honestly I don't even know why he was seated next to her. I'm sure he wasn't even supposed be at your table. I must have messed up, I'm so sorry"

"Don't apologize Luna. It's not your fault. He made a choice and he had so suffer the consequences. If he ever goes near her again I will kill him" i feel some of the rage from yesterday coming back.

"He won't. Leon had a talk with him yesterday and he promised that he wouldn't touch her ever again. And that he would apologize to her"

"He might not get the chance. She wants to leave as soon as possible" I feel a small knot in my chest at the thought of her leaving. Of her being somewhere where I can't protect her.

"What? Why?"

"I'm not sure. She is scared of something and probably homesick. I told her that I would help her get home, so I'm hoping Joanna has something by now. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go through the pain. I won't keep her here. Not when she doesn't want to be here" the image of her in the woods begging me not to kill her still haunts my mind.

"Maybe she will change her mind. I'll talk to her. I was going to see her today anyway" Luna smiles and walk away.

I knock on Joanna's door and she answers. Her desk is covered in books and loos papers.

"Have you found something?"

"Well.. no.. not really. I have found something about a wolf and a human, but the human committed suicide, so hopefully this story won't be relevant" the thought of her dying makes my stomach hurt. "But if you want to speed things up, you are welcome to help out. The stack on this side needs to be read through" she points to the books and papers next to me. I take some papers and begin to read.

After an hour I'm still fumbling with the same papers that I have read through several times, but the words just doesn't seem to stick to my brain. I can't focus at all. I put the papers back down and look out the window.

"She's leaving"

"What? You can't let her. Fight for her Marc!" Joanna outburst.

"I'm not going to ask her to stay when she clearly doesn't want to be here"

"You idiot! She doesn't want to be here, because she is scared. How can't she be? She doesn't know anything about wolfs or pack-life, and she probably doesn't know much about the man that sleeps in the same house as her. Imagine the scary thoughts that must go through her head" Joanne raises from her chair and walk around the office.