Lot # 481

Chapter 1

Valor woke early to drive into the Hamptons located in Long Island, New York City. The day was terrible rain fell from the skies and buckets washing out many highway roads and side roads. Mudslides were everywhere, yet something kept driving Valor to this particular estate sale.

He often went to estate sales on the weekends, but there was something at this one he just had to see he was praying the weather kept away the wealthy people with a lot of money.

A college professor without tenure didn't really make a lot of money but valor was renegotiating his contract based on the fact that he was the professor who drew the crowd single handedly blowing new life into a college that was slowly dying from lack of enrollment.

He loved the college he worked for, and many people told him that without him, they would have lost their pensions and other securities promised to them when they started 30 years prior. A lot of the senior professors welcomed him, but there were a lot who did not like him and despised his modern-day teaching tactics.

Finally, Valor sighed, looking up and seeing a wooden sign with a red spray painted arrow that said estate sale one a half miles this way. His eyes lit up, and seeing that sign, he checked the road for track marks of other cars and didn't see any on the mud road leading to the Cobblestone paved road on the estate.

He smiled, hoping it was good news that not too many people showed. Valor parked and went to the backyard, which was huge at least three acres in size. There were white tents set up to examine various lots you may want to bid on. There it was lot 481 he looked at the old rusty bottle no one was paying too much attention to it so Valor put the bottle down as though it was nothing just like everyone else and kept looking at the more elaborate items everyone that was there would seem to bid on although he had zero interest in them.

He sat in the back of the tent counting the number of people that were present 12 he said in his head knowing it meant nothing if one of them were some rich asshole that went outbid him for the tiny bottle. Finally, his lot was up. The auctioneer held the bottle in the air. He acted as though the bottle was nothing starting the bid at only $12. No one bid on the bottle going once , and Valor threw his hand up. To the man in the back with the bucket rain cap on full of university pins $12 sir?

Valor nodded his head, smiling sold to the man in the back for $12. What a great catch sir, enjoy your.....the auctioneer stared your bottle full of black sand. The rich white people in the room laughed at his reaction.

Valor was very happy with the find inside he knew it was a very old relic. All he had to do was research it and find out what it was exactly and or where it came from. Valor finished purchasing the bottle from the auctioneer. There was an additional $125 tax to pay for the bottle, which was nothing being he only paid $12 for it.

The auctioneer was careful with the bottle he boxed it up in a special gold box with a silver bow. You are getting such a deal here, son. I love this bottle even for decorative purposes. We tried to open the bottle so many different ways, and we could not be very careful. You don't want to chip it. Yes, sir, thank you so much for the advice.

Valor carried the box to his car very carefully it sat on the passenger seat of his small Gulf Volkswagen Rabbit he held it with his right hand while steering with his left. The rain was worse. The roads he took in were now completely washed out.

Valor looked up in the sky it seemed as though the Egyptian gods were angry, allowing the rains to put a pounding heavily on his tiny vehicle. Valor looked up, thank the gods, he said to himself, smiling a cheap motel. Valor went to the window to secure himself an overnight room for 4 hours or overnight!? The loud goth dressed attendee asked.