nineteen. special night

ANTE BELLUM: XIX

ANTE BELLUM: XIX

RAMSEY WALKER

NIGHT HAD FALLEN ON NEW YORK CITY, FORREST HILLS WAS QUIET AND DESOLATED WHICH WAS MUCH TO MY DISAPPOINTMENT. Letting out a huff seeing as I couldn't throw water balloons at one of my fellow neighbors, with great disappointment I closed my bedroom window and decided to fix my room. Books, shoes, and last night's project materials were laid in the very center of my room, I grabbed the trashcan and began cleaning up. Once the trash was in its respective place I placed my running shoe inside my duffle bag since tomorrow was the big Outdoors Nationals.

I let out a low squeal, a big smile on my face as I placed my navy blue track uniform inside the bag. "Usain Bolt, I'm going to make you so proud tomorrow."

Then I moved on to pick my chemistry and calculus books, setting them on my studio desk, I turn around and smile. "All done and Aunt Ivana didn't have to yell at me."

A knock was heard coming from my door before it swung open without my consent revealing an annoyed Ethan Walker, I raised a quizzical eyebrow as I watch the teenager fall face-first on my bed. "I'm receiving bad vibes from you, I don't want them."

Ethan turns his head to the side, narrowing his brown eyes at me. "I'm so done with life."

I made a clicking sound with my tongue, a sigh kicking my door close, and threw myself on my bed, laying on my side. "You're too young to be feeling like that."

Ethan propped himself on his elbows as he stared at me with his diva expression. "Excuse me, I didn't know that feeling depressed depended on my age."

He huffed before falling back down on the bed, I rolled my eyes. "Well then talk to me, what's got you all depress?"

"Life." Ethan cried, I smack his shoulder. "Ow!"

"I'm serious, you either talk or go cry yourself a river in your room." I snapped, my hazel eyes narrowed at my baby cousin.

Ethan let out a sigh before he shifted in my bed, sitting crisscross before me as he played with his fingers. "Remember how I told you about this summer course in LA?"

I racked my brain for the piece of information before nodding slowly. "Yeah... for the Film University of Southern California?"

Ethan nodded, "I didn't get in. Apparently, it was a master class and I was, and I quote 'too rookie for their program'." Ethan shook his head in annoyance, cracking his knuckles. "I can't believe I thought I had a shot."