fourteen. the dark side of grief

ANTEBELLUM: XIV

ANTEBELLUM: XIV

PETER PARKER

THE HOUSE WAS QUIET, PAINFULLY DULL. I sat on my bed, battling my inner turmoil as I felt my lungs caving in on me. My leg bounce, trying to act as a distraction, but no matter how many times I try to forget it, my mind wanders back to my uncle's killer. I curl my hands into fists before pressing them against my eyes, I breathe hard as a small voice tempted me to sneak out and look for him.

After a long time debating, I knew the police will investigate for a week before closing the case, whether they find or not the culprit. I stood up abruptly, I put on my sneakers and jacket before snatching a random beanie and making my way down.

While doing so, I saw that the TV was on, I quietly approached the living room to find Aunt May sound asleep on the couch. I reach over and pull up the blanket, resting it just above her shoulders. I stare at her for a little longer, her face looked peaceful, but the bags under her eyes and the tear-stain cheeks made me feel even more sure about what I was about to do. Tricking myself into believing that I was doing this because of a personal vendetta, I was doing it for my aunt's wellbeing and mental peace. I know I won't be able to restore our happiness because that left with Uncle Ben, but maybe I can find us some sort of peace after making that man pay.

I find myself walking alone in the dangerous places of Manhattan, where thieves, addicts, and even murderers lurk. Crazy, I know. But nothing is crazier than a man seeking vengeance, inner peace, and justice. My brown eyes were narrowed; my senses heighten as walked down the sidewalk, passing a group of thugs in the process.

"Stay away from here!" I glance at an alleyway just in time as a blond man slams a woman against the brick wall. "Do you hear me? Stay away from here!"

I stopped dead in my tracks, quickly spinning around as my brain registered blond hair. I enter the alleyway, the man kept slamming the girl against the wall which irk me.

"Hey!" I call him out, but he kept threatening the woman, I walk deeper into the alleyway. "HEY!"

The thugs spun around, the man released his hold on the woman who kept telling him to ignore me.

"First you kill old men, and now you're mistreating women?" I spoke vehemently, each word fueled the rage inside me. "What's next? Children?"

The blond man, who also wore a beanie, stepped away from the woman. "The fuck you're talking about, kid? Get lost, this isn't your scene."

I kept walking right toward him, "This isn't my scene? You made it my scene."

I slammed my hands against his shoulders, the thug jerks backward as he was not expecting that kind of reaction. The woman jumps before quickly trying to restrain the man as he took out his gun and aimed it at my head. I quickly grab his wrist, adding pressure until he dropped the gun while groaning in pain. Then my right fist collided with his nose, earning a groan from the man and a surprised scream from the woman.

"No, please stop! You're hurting him!" The woman begged.

But he didn't stop when he killed my Uncle, he just ran away and left him there to die.

No, I ain't stopping, not until I quench this thirst for vengeance.

I grabbed him by his jacket before using my super strength to slam him harshly on the brick wall, the man yelled in pain before colliding on the floor. Then something strange happen, I felt how the grief and the rage merged together as I started to beat up the man with my bare fist. Not even feeling the pain that imploded in my hands as they collided with his face repeatedly, I felt someone grab my arm from behind, but I pushed him.

Not wanting to stop, the angry voices in my head told me he deserves it, this is what Uncle Ben would've wanted me to do.

To stop acting like a kid and start acting like a man.

But then I was grabbed from behind once again and this time I pulled away from the murderer, I punched and pushed the other thugs before I notice what was happening. The exit was behind them and there were at least five thugs going against an untrained kid.

Houston, we gotta a problem.

I spun around and took off, I use the garbage container as leverage to hoist me up onto the fire escape of the apartment. The thugs were quick to follow, but not quick enough to catch up with an enhanced kid.

"Get him!" The blond thug yelled. "Bring him to me!"

In the midst of the persecution, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at such cliché words. Finally, I made it to the rooftop of the apartment, letting out a triumphant smirk I fixed my beanie and dusted off my jacket when suddenly the two doors on the rooftop flung open revealing the thugs. My eyes widen, and I dash across a small bridge before leaping over to the other apartment, my hands were securely attached to the brick wall as I began to climb up, leaving the thugs behind.

I jump over the balustrade and landed securely on the rooftop, just as I did I notice that the thug I attacked earlier was on the rooftop in front of me. I ran across the rooftop before leaping over the next one, the thug, and I engage in another fight. Furthermore, I bend down and place my hand around his knee before flipping him to the side, the man twirl in the air momentarily before crashing on the edge of the rooftop. Before he could fall off completely, I manage to grab his wrist, quickly checking for the star tattoo.

'Bad things happen when angry people grieve, Peter.'

Ramsey's voice flashed through my mind, stopping me from doing something I could regret tomorrow, the man stare at me helplessly as he dangles in the air. I gave him a look before grabbing his other hand and carefully putting them on the balustrade. I pushed myself off the floor and decided to call it a night.

"I know what you look like! You hear me! I've seen your face!" The thugs scream, I kept walking before not realizing that there was a hole in the roof, not until I was plummeting down and landed on a Mexican wrestling ring.

I groan as I got up, "Just the way I wanted my night to end."

Once I was standing, I started to dust myself off before concluding that I'll have to wash it. My curious eyes started to wander around, old Mexican wrestling posters hang around the place.

A smirk grew on my face as an idea popped inside my brain.

🅷🅾🅻🅰

These two chapters
Were kind of emotional,
Peter is experiencing a loss
And grief. Ramsey is all
Too familiar with it and
Will do anything in her
Power to help him.

Please leave a comment,
Anything really, how you're
Feeling or what's your POV of
#BLM. I'm here to listen to you,
We may be strangers but I like
To let people know they're not
Alone.

Stay safe kiddos❣