eight. what once was mine

CHAPTER EIGHT: VIIIPETER PARKER

CHAPTER EIGHT: VIII
PETER PARKER

MY BROWN EYES STARE AT THE CLOSED DOOR INTENTLY. My mind order me to ring the doorbell, but my body was frozen, I clench and unclutch my fist in an effort to tranquilize myself. With a deep breath, I extended my arm and pushed the doorbell, my arm fell back to its original pose as I waited for the scientist to emerge from the front door. My eyes settle on my fingers as they've become callous after last week's events. I've thoroughly researched spider bites and none of them had the ability to grant you heighten senses, incredible strength, and speed -not like quicksilver, of course, but more like Captain America sort of style, and the ability to crawl.

Before I could immerse myself in my thoughts of two nights ago, the door opens, revealing a surprise, Dr. Curtis Connor. His eyebrows furrow slightly before looking around as if expecting someone else, his eyes once again settling on my wide ones.

I clear my throat while simultaneously clasping my hands together in front of me, "Dr. Connor, I uh -don't suppose you remember me?" I swallow, "I was —"

"— You're the intern from the other day, I recall." Dr. Connor's eyes hold recognition, but the skepticism was evident in his features, as he must be wondering what am I doing here.

"Yeah! Yeah, that's right." I nodded, my hands unclasping as I began to clench and unclutch my fists once again.

Dr. Connor eyed me before taking a step back, "I'm sure you're a nice young man, but this is a home." His hand moves toward the back of the door, "I'd ask you to make an appointment in my office."

Without waiting for any rebuttal on my part, he went to close the door, my hands instinctively shot toward the door in an effort to stop him as the words flew out of my mouth. "I'm Richard Parker's son."

The door freezes, or more like the person manipulating the door, Dr. Connor pulls the door back as he stares at me with even more surprise. I lower my hands as I stare at him with hope, after three seconds of staring at each other, Dr. Connor finally let me into his humble home. He leads me towards the kitchen and offers me to take a seat, I do as I'm told as I subtly take in his impeccable home. The scent of lavender compels me to take in a deep breath as my nostrils take in the amazing scent, my tense muscle immediately relaxes as I exhale.

I stop rummaging the place with my eyes and settle on Dr. Connor who prepared the kettle, he then turns to look at me. "Never once it occurs to me that I would be seeing again an old friend's son, despite the odds I am still grateful to see you. Tell me, in what can I be of service?"