seventeen. she knows

ANTEBELLUM: XVII

ANTEBELLUM: XVII

PETER PARKER

SUNLIGHT STREAM THROUGH THE WINDOWS BLINDS, ILLUMINATING THE KITCHEN AS THE NEWS PLAYED OUT IN THE BACKGROUND.

"Hey, Aunt May can you turn it up a little bit?" I ask, squinting my left eye as I watched her turn on the volume before nodding contently. "Right... there. Thanks."

Aunt May went back to preparing her lunch while I ate my cereal, my brown eyes were trained on the face of Captain Stacey as he spoke to the media. "At approximately 9 p.m. last night, an incident took place on the Williamsburg Bridge. Much of what occurred is really speculation at this point. However, several eyewitnesses to the crime as well as our own preliminary finding, have positively placed one individual at the scene, which is why this morning I'm issuing an arrest warrant for the masked vigilante, known as Spider-Man."

Aunt May glances at the TV just as Captain Stacey excuses himself and walks inside the police department building. "I gotta say... not a fan of that spider-guy."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and great offense. "Uhm... what? Why?"

Aunt May sighed, zipping her lunchbox closed before turning around and giving me a look. "Because he's dangerous."

I arc an eyebrow, standing up with the bowl in my hand before putting it on the sink. "You are aware he saves people right? He saved a kid from falling off the bridge, he's alive and well—no thanks to the authorities."

Aunt May rolled her eyes, throwing her hands in exasperation. "Yes, I'm aware of that. But what difference does it make him from the thugs on the streets? Huh? He gets to decide who lives and who doesn't."

Peter chuckled, masking his annoyance. "He hasn't murdered anyone; he just leaves them at the police station. Besides, cops do it all the time. Some murdering innocent people without needing to, this Spider-Man is different, I believe he's the change New York needs."

Aunt May sighed, placing a sweet kiss on his cheek before patting his shoulder. "Okay, Peter. Just promise me that if you ever come across a scene where he's at, you turn around and run in the other direction. Got it?"