eighteen. vision

ANTEBELLUM: XVIII

DR. CONNOR

IN THE SEWERS THERE'S A HIDDEN WORLD, THE HOME TO STREET RATS, COCKROACHES, LIZARDS, AND THE PERFECT PLACE FOR A MUTANT LIZARD TO HIDE. A shiver ran down my spine as my hands gripped on the lab coat, bringing it closer to my shivering and sweaty body. Blue eyes glanced down at my newly grown arm, there was joy in my heart, but also fear. I shook my head trying to organize my thoughts, struggling to remember what happened after I took the cab.

I reached the opening inside the walls of the tunnel, my hands flipped the switch up. "And let there be light..."

The lights flickered on, another shiver engulf my body as I made my way further into the small open area. I approached a Duffel bag I left on the desk near the computer, opening it I took out a hoodie and some sweatpants before changing into it. Taking out the Crocs and putting them on, after changing, I took a seat on the stool bar and clicked the space bar on the laptop.

The screen lights up, and I quickly open the webcam, upon appearing on the screen I could see the collateral damage the serum had done to me. I lean close to the screen, moving my head to the side to reveal reptile skin growing from my chest to the back of my neck. My face looked paler the usual, there were prominent bags under my eyes and my lips were pale too.

Nodding, I grabbed the journal I keep around and open a clean page before beginning to write down the effect the serum was having. After writing them down, I push myself up and make my way to the desk adjacent to the one I was working on. Without wasting time, I turn on the orbital shaker, so it would finish mixing the substances, after a minute or so I turn it off and pour the substance into a Hamilton micro lab syringe.

"Yes," I whispered, my blue eyes twinkling at the sight of the serum that gave me back my arm. Once the syringe was filled, I took it out from the machine and made my way to the other desk where the laptop was.

I placed the needle on the keyboard of the laptop before pressing start. "Subject; Dr. Curtis Connor." The scientist began. "Current temperature; eighty-nine point seven, steady for forty-eight hours. Blood panels reveal lymphocyte and monocyte readings consistent with the subject's past. Clotting vastly improved, marked enhancement in..." I glanced at the journal. "In muscle response, strength, and elasticity."

I grabbed the micro lab syringe, making sure it was recorded. I began to roll my sleeves up before continuing. "Eyesight similarly improved. Subject no longer requires corrective lenses." The syringe hovers on my arm. "This is no longer about curing ills. This is about finding perfection. In an attempt to regress regenerative relapse, the dosage has been increased to two hundred milligrams."

The familiar pinprick sensation of the needle on the inside of my elbow brought relief through my whole body, I closed my eyes as I let the serum dominate my body entirely.

Dad. Dr. Connor.

I gasped, my eyes flew open at the sound of one familiar voice and one unfamiliar, my eyes glanced around the place frantically. "Who's there?"

Dr. Connor. Dad, please, I wanna go home.

My heart clenched at the familiar voice, my chest felt pressurized, giving me a hard time breathing as I stumble. The stool bar fell creating a loud booming noise that echoed throughout the tunnel walls, my blue eyes search every corner as I tried to see where the voices were coming from.

"Finn? Is that you?" My voice trembles with fear, the voice sounding so similar to the son I once lost.

Over here.

His voice said, I turn around and found myself staring at a mirror, but instead of finding my reflection, I was staring at a tall blond teenager. I gasped, my feet carried me closer to him until my hand touched the glass, his smile was wide and bright, eyes blue and alive. "How is this possible?"

The reflection of my daughter glitches, revealing another appearance for a short second, the other one was of a dark woman with dark purple eyes. She was covered in filth and there was something about her that was supernatural, she was a regular human being except for the peculiar eye color. But then it glitches again, and I was staring at my son, my happy boy. 

You were possible. The serum you created, can't just cure ills and bring perfection, it can also give you that what you long for.

I blinked as I stare at the mirror, cold shivers ran down my spine and I started to twitch. The serum was starting to kick in. "H-How?"

The image of my son vanishes, and it's replaced by the dead woman with filth stains all over her gray body. She showed me an emerald green gem, my eyes examine it with curiosity.

Find my tomb. Find the stone, with this your son will be reborn. Dad, I miss you, I don't want to be in this place anymore.

My heart broke in two as I heard his pleas, tremors shook my body, and my nails grew into claws. "You're coming home. I'm... getting you... home."

The voice came out to restrain me as I tried not to succumb to the serum or else I'll black out, I needed to know how I was going to get her back. The sweatpants started to tear as my legs and tail grew slowly. "How can I find the stone?!"

The woman in the mirror smirked.

Go to Delphi. Search for the name Hayek, you will need a new body for your son's soul to host. Dad, we're going to be a family again; can you imagine it?

The reflection of the dead woman merge into my son's form, both smiling with hopeful eyes, and all I did was give them a sinister smile of my own. "Yes, we're all going to be a family." The reptile skin crawled all over my face, my human form completely gone and replaced by the lizard form. "This world will be yours to rule, I'll build you a better body. We are all coming home."

The last words came out in a hissed, I turned to face the entrance and smiled. "But first... I have to kill a spider."

🅷🅾🅻🅰

HOLA RAZA!!
Sorry I posted THIS
Late, I literally forgot.

HAHAHA

So what'd you think of
This chapter? Did it
Intrigue you? Tell me
PLEASE what were your
Thoughts on this.

Is Dr. Connor really
Going to bring back
his son from
The dead? Is it really
Possible? Will the
Serum really help him?
Who is Hayek?

Stay safe kiddos, love you💕