𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮. honey, your secret is safe

RAMSEY BIANCHI

RAMSEY BIANCHI

Hazel eyes looked over the window to see that night had fallen, the sky was pitch black and starless, only the afterglow of city lights seemed to light up the sky. I glanced at the time and noticed that it was almost six. Rubbing my eyes with one hand and with the other one, I closed the heavy book, a loud thud resonated in my ears as I pushed my chair back with my legs and headed over to my walk-in closet.

Tonight Peter and I had a date in Central Park, we've both been busy and barely had time to catch up. Studying magic was very time-consuming, especially when I was on the clock, so there was this pressure of learning everything as quickly and as perfectly as possible. I've been visiting Hecate's shop quite regularly, and I spent most of my days there with Elias, who kept his promise about helping.

It's been two days since Hayek's encounter, I haven't heard nor felt her presence near me. It only made me uneasy, she was most likely getting stronger and preparing her grand evil plan to punish the earth for what they did to her four hundred years ago. Still, I hoped. Hoping for Hayek to not go through with her plan, to spare the lives of thousands, I still hoped to save her.

This feud between light and darkness needed to stop, I saw it differently, I believed in what Hayek told me about these forces coexisting. It is possible, it's just as clear and as simple as night and day, they coexist, and they preserve life. That's what I was aiming to learn, how to make it work for both of us, or die trying.

I quickly put on a pair of light skinny jeans, black ankle socks, a knit beige turtleneck sweater, and grabbed my Dorothy Perkins black coat, and threw it on my bed while I put on my black vans. I comb my hair before braiding it into boxer braids, I glanced over my reflection on the mirror, my eyes linger a bit longer before they involuntarily glanced at the ancient text on my desk study. Notes and other books were sprawled over the surface messily.

I gnawed at my lower lip, debating if I should even consider taking a break. I mean, I've been working nonstop on my training, my focus is a hundred percent on it.