𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤. silver lining

PETER PARKER

PETER PARKER

The sound of the Spider-Man ringtone woke me up from my deep slumber. I groaned, still not making an attempt at answering the call. I peeled one eye open and shot a web on the phone. I yanked the string back, but my drowsiness caused me to catch the phone with my face.

"Ow!" I groaned, my eyes opened only to notice a wrench in my hand instead of the phone. "Goodness."

I shot the web again, and this time caught the phone in my hand. I answered the call in a hoarse tone. "Hello?"

"Uh, Pete?" A male voice said from the other line," I rubbed my eyes. "It's me."

I sigh, "Harry?" I shifted a bit in my uncomfortable position, feeling my limbs ached. "What... What time is it?"

"Uh, late, early, I don't know." Harry seemed uneasy; something clearly had him on edge, which made me sober up instantly. "I've been up all night. I need to see you."

I blinked a few times, my vision clearing. "Not really, Pete." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I'm... dying. But I think you can help save my life."

That phone call was enough to wake the dead from their slumber. I quickly bathed and swung my way toward Oscorp. I was already expected at Oscorp; upon arrival, I was quickly taken to Harry's office. When I saw him, I instantly saw the burden her father had bestowed on him, his bags were prominent, and his walk was lazy. The way he looked at me with hope made me feel uneasy; it made me feel worried. We sat on his desk. he played an old video of his father and mine talking about radioactive spiders; it explained how it could be the key to unlocking infinite health.

I looked at Harry; he believed what they were saying. He believed he could be cursed, and I wanted to believe it too, but all I could think of was how dangerous it is to fiddle with something we both didn't know.

"They never made it to human trials." The video had ended; I glanced at him with doubtful eyes. "It's 14 years of research and nothing to show for it. Except maybe this." He pushed the newspaper with a picture of Spider-Man towards me. "Spider-Man."

I glanced at the picture before meeting Harry's determined gaze. "What about him?"

"He was bitten by one of those things, and it worked!" He revealed," I sucked in a deep breath. "I don't know how, and I don't know why, but he can do everything else a spider can, including self-heal."

I didn't like where this was going. "I need to find him. I need his blood."

"You need his blood..." I repeated; there was doubt in my voice, as if begging him to clarify it wasn't what I think it was. "Spider-Man's blood?"