𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. I want you to kill a spider for me

HAYEK

Time to fulfill her destiny was near, but no king can triumph without its pawns.

After spending most of my days inside the dungeon dimension, I grew stronger and powerful, which could only mean one thing, so did Ramsey. I always thought how ironic it is to have a counterpart, we're both equals and yet it was always me who lost. The darkness, death, stood no chance against life, and yet it was depicted as its equal, presented just as strong as life and light. But it was all a facade, the scales wanted a paradise, it wanted peace to reign above all and still, humanity committed the same mistakes time and time again. They never learned, but only I was punished, it was only me who rose and fought just to be locked away for another millennium until I broke free and fought against the Witch of Life only to lose. Again.

It was my fate, to suffer and have no justice. And I thought to myself countless times, what if the truest enemy at the end was life instead of death?

That took me to my second hypothesis, it's all about preference. All about whom the scales favor the most, life or death.

I glanced around the dark and messy-looking penthouse that belonged to Harry Osborn, the twenty-year-old billionaire who remained asleep on his leather couch. Bottles of liquor sprawled all over the living room, broken glasses groaned underneath the heel of my white shoes. My hands were stuffed inside my black ankle pants as I made my way through the mess, purposely stepping on more glass, so Harry would wake up.

The boy stirred in his sleep. "Wake up, young Harry. Now's not the time to mourn."

He wakes up with a start, not expecting to see a man standing in his living room. "Who the hell are you? Bernard!" He yelled for his butler.

I grimaced at his yelling before waving a dismissing hand. "Don't bother, he won't answer you."

"What- Who are you?" He sprang to his feet, blue eyes darkening with rage. "What have you done to Bernard?" But just as he shot up, he fell back on the couch, his eyes rolling back as he squeezed them and pressed two fingers against his temple.

I let out a sigh before turning toward the table where the rest of his liquor was, I poured him a glass of water before handing it to him. "Here." Harry glanced at the glass and drank it in one swing, I watched him grimace.

"What'd you give me?"

I turn my back to him and pour myself whiskey with rocks. "Water. I need you sober for what I'm about to tell you."