EP 22

Seirin and Shutoku had just finished their last practice game. This was their third one and Seirin had lost in all of them. That didn't get them down, though, because these games were to help them improve and it was obvious they had gotten better. Besides, Kagami hadn't played one single game. During all these days he has been running on the beach, just like the coach instructed him. He was a bit crestfallen that all he had done on this trip was run and didn't get to play even once against Shutoku.

    It was night, just before dinner, and Kagami was outside shooting some baskets. There was a hoop there and the red haired just couldn't pass up the chance.

    Riko and (Y/N) appeared near him and Kagami was surprised to see them there.

    "You're working hard." Riko said normally.

    "Not really. I was just putting the ball away and I thought I'd practice a little." He said as an excuse, but then he turned towards them, looking a bit pissed off. "Actually, I've just been running on the beach by myself during this whole trip. And the practice game is always already over when I get back. Why did I even come here?" he asked a bit dejectedly.

    (Y/N) turned towards Riko.

    "While you explain to him, Riko-senpai, I'm just going to do something and be right back, ok?" she asked nicely. Riko nodded confidently.

    "Sure thing." She answered and Kagami looked at them curiously. What were they planning?

    While (Y/N) walked away, her face turned serious. Riko was about to explain to Kagami that all this time he has been training his legs and resistance so he could power up his jumps. His advantage against the others was his ability to jump high. Riko was going to show him how he improved and make him conscious about the difference his legs had in power. When Kagami jumped with his left leg, he reached really high, but when he did it with his right leg, he reached even higher.

    (Y/N) sighed. Of course, simply jumping wouldn't make Kagami able to beat the Generation of Miracles. There was obviously something missing, something else he should do. (Y/N) decided to ask for help. She was making her way towards a certain green haired boy.

    She found him in front of a vending machine, buying a can of red bean soup. When he turned around, he saw her there looking and waiting for him.

    "(Y/N)." he said in a greeting manner.

    "Shintaro, I kind of need your help. Would you come with me? Please?" she asked him, not getting into details. If she gave details, he would most likely refuse to go with her.

    He couldn't deny that he was surprised by her request, but he agreed. Both of them started walking.

    "What is it you want?" he decided to ask and the girl evaded the question.

    "Huh . . . we're almost there, you'll see." She simply answered.

     In short minutes, they arrived at the place she was leading him to. They saw Kagami there alone, lying on his back on the ground, his legs up on a bush. Beside him was the basket pole, fallen down on the ground as well. Two hand prints were visible on the glass of the table, his right hand and his left hand. The left hand print being much higher than the right one.

    Midorima and (Y/N) looked at Kagami and he got annoyed when he saw Midorima. Midorima also got annoyed by seeing him. The green haired boy looked at the hand prints and turned to (Y/N).

    "So this is what you wanted. I should have known." He simply said and (Y/N) looked at him. Midorima understood what the girl wanted, now. "What if I refuse?" he asked her.