EP 11

The game continued. Shutoku had the ball and passed it to Midorima again. Midorima prepared himself to shoot it, but he saw Kuroko running again under the basket. Midorima changed his mind and, instead, passed the ball to another player.

    Kise was surprised with that.

    "Midorima-chi would've made that shot. Why didn't he shoot?" he asked, curious.

    "Because of your friend's plan." Kasamatsu said to him and Kise looked at him as he kept explaining. "They would just do it all again, as soon as Kuroko got the ball he would throw it to Kagami, who would be waiting close to Shutoku's basket. Only Midorima would be there to defend because the other players are on the other side of the court, waiting by Seirin's hoop in case a rebound is necessary. If Midorima has time to run back, so does Kagami. Then, they can counter Midorima with a superfast break by running past him. That's why Midorima can't shoot. That girl came up with a way to shut him down." Kasamatsu said and Kise looked like he understood. "But, the way that guy managed to make that long and fast pass for the first time with so much precision – I can see how he played with you at Teiko." the older boy complimented Kuroko.

    Although Seirin managed to shut down Midorima, the other Shutoku's players wanted to show that wasn't going to be enough against them. They scored, but with Kuroko's passes, Seirin scored as well.

    With that, Shutoku's coach, impressed with Kuroko's passing skills and seeing that Midorima couldn't shoot, decided to put Takao marking Kuroko. Takao was excited with that. He wanted to go against Kuroko because, apparently, he and Kuroko had similar jobs on their teams (passes and assists) and Takao didn't like having someone be as good as him.

    Takao started dribbling, he passed the ball to his teammates without even having to look at them, he simply knew that they would be there.

    Soon, Takao shocked them all by being able to shut down Kuroko's passes. Everywhere Kuroko passed the ball, Takao would be there to steal it and give it back to his teammates. 

    This made Riko, (Y/N) and Izuki look at him surprised. It couldn't be! Takao, like Izuki, had the power to see the court from all angles. Only, Takao's ability was better than Izuki's because Takao could see the entire court - he had the Hawk's Eye. He saw everything and, thus, Kuroko didn't go unnoticed by him, giving him the power to stop all of his passes.

    (Y/N) bit her lip. This was bad. They were able to stop Midorima temporarily, but now, they had this new problem – Takao. How could they play if Kuroko was useless against him? She needed to think! 

    She turned quickly to Riko.

    "Ok, we need a time out." she said to her and Riko agreed.

    Both teams were on their benches. Takao looked at Seirin's side.

    "Well, Seirin's in trouble, huh?" he asked with a satisfied smile as he sipped his water. Midorima was sitting beside him.

    "Do not let your guard down. Kuroko and (Y/N) will not go down so easily." he said in a serious tone.

    "It's fine. Once you take away his lack of presence, he's worthless." Takao said disdainfully. Then, what Midorima had said sunk in. "Wait, did you just mention that girl's name? What does she have to do with this?" he asked the green haired boy. Midorima just sighed.

    "Who do you think came up with the plan to shut me down?" Midorima asked him. Takao's eyes widened.

    "What? It was her?!" he asked, surprised. Midorima kept his face serious.