EP 16

The game went on and it was obvious that Touou wasn't a weak team. They were fast, they were tall and they were very good players. Another thing that was noticed by Seirin was that Touou was an offensive team, but they also had a strong defense. Seirin almost couldn't move by how well guarded they were being.

    Of course, a team like this had to have another particular characteristic – they didn't play like a team. It was like it was every player for himself, their care for their teammates was minimal and there was no coordination at all. Their defense and offense was all one-on-one, you get the ball yourself and score yourself. They kept attacking with individual skill. They were the complete opposite of Seirin, which was a team with complete team play.

    This time, the (H/C) haired manager didn't have to comment when Touou's captain started with the typical speech that they refused to play like a team and that they didn't need it to win. Seirin's players were the ones to call him out on it and they defended Seirin like champs. The girl could only smile with pride, she noticed that as Seirin got stronger, she had to intervene less and less. They were growing.

    Speaking of growing, though, it wouldn't be long until Touou's manager started to give them problems as well.

    As the game went on, Kise had just entered the building the game was taking place at. Instead of going to sit down, he stayed up, watching from the corridor. Looking to his right he saw another person standing there, as well. It was Midorima and the green haired boy had sun glasses on his face as a sort of disguise. He obviously didn't want people knowing he came to watch the game. It was quite funny.

    Midorima was shocked that Kise recognized him, but honestly only an idiot wouldn't.

    They both wanted to watch this match. Not only it was Kuroko and Kagami against Aomine, but it was also (Y/N) and Satsuki against one another. When in Teiko, they worked splendidly together, but now, each one was fighting for their own side. 

    "They have different talents, but they worked really well together at Teiko. As you remember, Satsuki would study the opponents before the matches and, like that, help us prepare for them. Then, if something unexpected happened, (Y/N) would come up with something on the spot and help us continue. (Y/N) is good, but Momoi isn't anything less." Midorima said to the blond boy next to him.

    "It sure will be interesting to see what will happen." Kise responded and Midorima kept his serious face, looking at both girls.

    "I don't think (Y/N) will come out on top this time. Momoi has data on her side and (Y/N) has her ability to overcome things, but I don't know how much she'll be able to do against Touou. Momoi is not just a manager either. She can be really hard to deal with. Not to mention Aomine. Touou has simply too many things against them, it wouldn't surprise me if (Y/N) couldn't do anything at all." Midorima said, making Kise look at him surprised.

    "What? What do you mean?" the blond asked him. (Y/N) would do nothing?!

    Midorima took off his dark glasses and put on his normal ones.

    "What I mean is that Seirin doesn't have what it takes to go against Touou. There is nothing (Y/N) can instruct them with that will work. She can't ask them to do things beyond their capability. To put it simply, you can't make a fish climb a tree, you can't built a house with only a piece of wood. Nothing they have now is enough to win." Midorima explained and Kise looked at Seirin, worry showing on his gaze.

    Riko was looking seriously at the pink haired manager. She remembered what Kuroko and (Y/N) had told them about Momoi.

-----Flashback-----