1

~~present day~~

Athena's pov:

"Athena, table 3!"

Taking the food from the counter, I rush over to table 3 to serve their meals.

Today has been one of the most busy days this month, not to mention the boss doesn't feel like hiring anymore staff. His solution is just to make us all work 12 hour shifts for shit pay.

Now you may be thinking 'Athena just quit.' Well I would but I need this job so people don't get suspicious of how I get my money because the other ways...well they aren't very legal.

Anyway I've been here since 9am this morning and it's currently 7:30pm, meaning only and hour and a half to go before I can get out of this hell hole.

After work I'm helping out one of my very few friends bartending at his club 'Angel 48' a few blocks over. He got desperate since his last bar tender was caught stealing money from the place.

"Here is your food. Enjoy." I say with a smile and walk off. The restaurant only seats the richest and most famous. We see all types in here, movie stars, singers, mafias, gangs and even wealthy businessmen. So one wrong move and you're done here.

"Athena take table 16's order. NOW!" My manager orders me. "Okay! I'm going now. Go take your chill pills, jeez." I said the last part quieter.

Walking out of the back I head to table 16 noticing it must be some sort of family gathering about 30ish people sitting at the table which is located in the VIP section.

"Hello, are you all ready to order? Or would you like a few more minutes?" I question looking for my notepad and pen in my apron.

After a minute of silence I look up only to see all the people at the table looking at me in shock and teary eyed.

Well this isn't weird at all.

Making a confused face I ask if they are ready to order again. This seems to snap most of the people out of their shocked states.

My eyes caught a few boys maybe a couple years older than me and what seems to be his brothers they all look quite a lot alike.

"Yes honey I think we are ready to order." An older women, maybe the grandmother says to me. She offers a smile which I return.

After about four people I see two people who look quite familiar but I just can't place my finger on where I've seen them before. They are looking at me with something in their eyes I just can't seem to figure out.

"Umm are you ready?" I question the man softly as he studies my face.

Kinda weird.

If I get kidnapped you know who it was.

"I-um, I'm not actually too sure what to get. What would you recommend?" He asks still eyeing me well they all are but especially him and what looks to be his wife and children.

"Well I've never actually had the food here, but from other customer comments the duck rolls as a starter and the chicken pad Thai are very popular. I've had some people tell me it was one of the best dishes they've ever had." I tell him.

His face facial feature change into something different before he asks. "Okay and now what would you really recommend that your boss hasn't told you to?" I smirk at him giving a gentle laugh.

"The sweet and sour chicken with Jasmin rice, it's big enough for two people or to eat as a starter and main combined but it's fucking amazing." Everyone at the table softly laughs at me and the man's conversation. Some look like they want to tell me off for swearing which I find amusing.